Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We may have to stay near Stepping Hill for a few days. I've found a couple of sites within a few miles but public transport links are pretty inconvenient.

Stockport Council car parks tend to be height restricted and, naturally round a hospital site, on-street parking has residents only restrictions.

Can anyone advise on sites with good public transport links to Stepping Hill and/or parking facilities for a MH (18 feet long/7.5 feet wide/10 feet tall) within walking distance?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Why don't you go back to Lymefield Graham? I know there's a bus from Glossop which goes to Stepping Hill -it goes via Gamesley then down through Charlesworth I think. You could park the van in Charlesworth I would think.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Graham
You could try this one it's quite near the Hospital

Elm Beds Caravan Park
Poynton
Stockport

01625 872370

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Graham,

You and Jill are welcome to use our drive way and car/train if you want. You can get the train from Crewe to stepping hill quite simply.

Its about a 30 min journey on the train but feel free. :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Graham
You could try this one it's quite near the Hospital

Elm Beds Caravan Park
Poynton
Stockport

01625 872370

It's OK but not the Ritz, we have stayed there & I think the transport (bus) down to the main road in Poynton is not a frequent service. If you can get to Poynton there will be plenty of buses to Stepping Hill & it's not a long way to Poynton, but maybe a bit too far to walk.

If I recall there is a super market not far from the hospital on the main road (A6) cannot remember if it's OK for parking, it wasn't there when I was a lad & lived not far away.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
If I recall there is a super market not far from the hospital on the main road (A6) cannot remember if it's OK for parking, it wasn't there when I was a lad & lived not far away.

There are a few car parks around there off both sides of the A6 - not sure about height barriers though :Eeek:
Could do with someone local taking a look :winky: We're down in Cornwall now otherwise I'd take a drive out there!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It's a Sainsburys super market & the car Park looks large & I cannot see any barriers.

Google street view

In fact on this one you can see a MH coming out.

Google street view

This is opposite the hospital on London Road.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Parking at Stepping Hill is a nightmare in a car never mind a motorhome. I've been visiting for several weeks this year. If you travel in by motorhome I would be tempted to drop off the patient and then exit right onto Bramhall Moor Lane, cross the railway and go first left and park up on Newby Road industrial estate and walk back. (Good bacon butty van open till 2pm). Have a look on Google maps. Don't know if you are in CC but a few CLs in the Marple area.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Many, many thanks to all, especially Paul & Nikki for the offer of the driveway parking.

Jill has looked up the bus from Glossop to Stepping Hill and it looks like that could be the answer, especially with our family connections to Glossop.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back