LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Remembered our motorhome didn't have a safe and we talked about fitting one so I decided start off right have a laptop sized safe fitted. Looked in local town €147--and wouldn't fit the laptop!
Found this one on Ebay: Link Removed

£11 courier delivery to France and it arrived in 3 days.
Very helpful seller and at £41 plus £11 muuuuuuuch cheaper.

Lad in nearby village is a welder so when I collect motorhome he'll come over and fit the safe in securely.
Might be a good buy for anyone looking for a safe place for laptop, kindle, ipod, sat-nav, passports etc......

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Remembered our motorhome didn't have a safe and we talked about fitting one so I decided start off right have a laptop sized safe fitted. Looked in local town €147--and wouldn't fit the laptop!
Found this one on Ebay: Link Removed

£11 courier delivery to France and it arrived in 3 days.
Very helpful seller and at £41 plus £11 muuuuuuuch cheaper.

Lad in nearby village is a welder so when I collect motorhome he'll come over and fit the safe in securely.
Might be a good buy for anyone looking for a safe place for laptop, kindle, ipod, sat-nav, passports etc......

Are you thinking of bolting through the floor then putting weld on the bolts/nuts so they cant be removed ?

Just wondering how you were going to fit it ?

Looks a good idea

barry:Smile:

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm leaving it up to the expert to fit it. I know there are at least 2 places it will physically fit and I read on here that it needs to be welded so that it can't be levered out.
If anyone has any advice on fitting it, that would be great. I spoke to Jamie the welder before I bought it and he seemed to think it was straightforward, so I hope it is!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back