Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We are planning to hed south after christmas....but we just thought as we are not doing a lot in november why not do a test run to spain for a couple maybe 3 weeks to see what we learn and chack a few sites out we may use for a longer stay in january.

A few questions as this is our first euro trip in the motorhome.

1.best route from the tunnel avoiding paris to costa blanca ?

2. Not in a hurry any good sites open for a few stops on the way down ?
Sites Or Aires at this time of the year.

3.Do I need a converter lead for any hook ups.

4. Getting an ASCI card for next year...but is not having a 2011 one going to make life expensive ?

5. Any general tips or observations.

thanks

barry:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Rouen, Le Mans, Poitiers, Bordeaux. Then Biarritz ( gorgeous place ) then hit Spain. Very enjoyable route.

A genuine Don Madge route.

Stop one: St Maure de Touraine - free aire.

Later: St Jean de Luz

Aranjuez has a good site.

Try a search for St Maure, it's all on here somewhere.

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Hilldweller's route is great, from Biarritz head for Pamplona, Zaragoza, Teruel and Valencia and you are on the Costa Blanca.

You will need a continental adapter to connect to your standard hook up lead, they cost around a fiver.

Weather here today is 26 degrees and clear blue sky, can't guarantee that for November but it's bound to be better than the UK

Enjoy your trip!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hilldweller's route is great!

Not mine, provided originally and in greater detail by Don Madge. The beauty is that it is toll free though he said pay a few Euros to nip round Bordeaux. We used it to get to Morocco.

Hardest bit was finding the camp site at St Jean de Luz, we drove round and round then gave up and as we left heading for Spain there it was. Lovely site with good cycling to beach and town.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You can check out our route on a Google map here:

Spain Jan to Apr 2011

Just change the route after crossing the French/Spanish border if you want to go to Costa Blanca via Zaragoza, but be aware it gets very cold on that route as it's quite high.

An alternative is via Limoges, Touluose & Perpignan, entering Spain on the med. coast.

Plenty of aires on all these routes through France, may not be providing water if it's cold though.

lib

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Halifax
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi everyone

We are new to the site and are also thinking of going down to Spain for a few weeks in November/early December. The routes are very helpful to us - thanks. We have motorhomed in France but never ventured to Spain before. Anyone fancy meeting up?

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I am also heading for Spain late November, heading for La Zahora. It will be my first trip in new motorhome (drove another briefly 4 years ago) and I'm quite nervous about it, but another Funster is stopping over here and I am then following him down to Spain--made me feel much more confident about doing a long first trip.
The campsite at La Zahora was very helpful http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/ and I'm looking forward to a month there before going on to Portugal (hopefully)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back