Pick up 1st motorhome next saturday (1 Viewer)

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Hi All,
Joined as this place seems a good starting point to meet lots of friendly people with good advice for hubbie and I getting our first motorhome, a bessacarr 445 on Saturday. Never been camping before but both going semi retired and looking forward to a slower pace, getting fitter (walking) and seeing more of this beautiful country we live in. Excited and scared but am sure we will soon learn the ropes of what/what not to do on sites. Any dorset motorhomers about as looking for site near to home for our first trial LOL. ::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi mrsthreecats
:welcomefunster:
Exciting time ahead for you, we don't live in Dorset but often go to our sons in Blandford Forum and love visiting Poole, and the area.
have fun

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and welcome to fun.
the best site for your first outing in all honesty is on your driveway at home.
that way if you realise that you have forgotten anything you don't have far to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
First outing

Good point and noted, will certainly know then what we have forgotten. thanks

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Welcome to Fun and happy traveling. :thumb:

Sorry, dont have any info on Dorset. You could try looking on www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Gill

We hope to be coming up to Derbyshire next year, sister lives in Sparrowpit, any good sites near there?
Lynn

Daisy21

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I've just spent some time at Haven in Rockley Park (Poole) & wouldn't recommend that for a first (or any unless thats your kind of thing) trip. There is a CCC site at Corfe Castle thats quite nice, although its a strange bumpy little road to get to it. I don't think you can go too wrong aiming for a main CC or CCC site for a first trip as they (generally) have helpful/knowledgeable staff on hand. Enjoy ::bigsmile:

Daisy2

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
getting fitter (walking)

Bit of a minefield.

Touring, you sit down all day, get there, quick meal, slow drink and flake out. If you are with people, you sit and slurp all night.

Always a nice drink is very close by and you're in chill out mode, right !

So it takes willpower to get fit in a MH.

Yes, the UK has wonderful sights and sites but we have unpredictable weather nowhere near enough sites and with the abominable CC booking system all the best sites are booked up by April. So consider mainland Europe ASAP where there are many more sights/sites and better support for MHs.

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Bit of a minefield.

Touring, you sit down all day, get there, quick meal, slow drink and flake out. If you are with people, you sit and slurp all night.

Always a nice drink is very close by and you're in chill out mode, right !

So it takes willpower to get fit in a MH.

Yes, the UK has wonderful sights and sites but we have unpredictable weather nowhere near enough sites and with the abominable CC booking system all the best sites are booked up by April. So consider mainland Europe ASAP where there are many more sights/sites and better support for MHs.

Thanks Brian, agree with what you say, willpower will definately have to be found for the walking! Enjoyed houseswapping when children were younger in Europe so will definately be going in the motorhome when we have retired full time for sure.
Lynn

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
Welcome from 'Zummerzet' ! :Smile:

Don't know what part of Dorset you are living but, Wareham Forest Tourist Park is worth a visit for your first 'trip'.....

You can walk directly into the forest from the site or there are several cycle trails signposted around the forest if you prefer that!

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Thanks for that, will have a look its not far from us about 30mins. Where are you in Somerset, I am an ex Fromey myself.

Lynn

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
Thanks for that, will have a look its not far from us about 30mins. Where are you in Somerset, I am an ex Fromey myself.

Lynn

We are in South Somerset ( just a few miles over the border from West Dorset and East Devon ) :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back