Sky Go (or at least it seems not anymore) ! (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2021
Lymington, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Almost 2 years
Hi there, We have been using Sky Go quite happily for years now in Europe until now. We keep getting a ‘Whoops something went wrong‘ message. It seems this is due to us no longer being in Europe and I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround? It was just been so easy to use, just log in and off you go without Dishes, Boxes etc, and the related wiring and can be watched when you are miles away from the MoHo. At least until now. Any ideas?
Thanks
Derek

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I’ve never used Sky Go for donkeys…..but surely using a VPN will get round the region geolock?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
What device do you watch Sky Go on?
Maybe a UK sim or VPN cures 🤷‍♂️
It’s a UK v EU ting Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
There have been quite a few issues over the last few months with Sky Go on Windows 10.
As far as I know not on other platforms.
Maybe try it on another device to remove this possible cause?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Works on my iPad Pro here in UK and I was planning to use it in Europe with VPN😊

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I have a Spanish SIM card in my iPad and it won’t work. Seems the only way is as people have said using a VPN. Another loss or expense depending on how you look at it.

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Hi there, We have been using Sky Go quite happily for years now in Europe until now. We keep getting a ‘Whoops something went wrong‘ message. It seems this is due to us no longer being in Europe and I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround? It was just been so easy to use, just log in and off you go without Dishes, Boxes etc, and the related wiring and can be watched when you are miles away from the MoHo. At least until now. Any ideas?
Thanks
Derek
Sky Go stopped working in Europe over a year ago. Sky HELP has the details, it really is easy to find.
Broken Link Removed

I think it works if you have a Sky sim however.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BertieBonkers
Oct 6, 2021
Lymington, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Almost 2 years
Hi all and thanks. I have never investigated VPN’s before (no need) but guess I have to now. Will have to check which ones will allow Sky as I know they have all sorts of blocks such as you cant ‘cast’ from your iPad to your TV (again no idea why) but will have a crack tonight. Once again thanks to you all.
Stay safe
Derek

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Sky needs to get with the times, I’ve had loads of problems with setting favourites on the normal Sky+ app. Despite complaints on the App Store for over a year there is no fix. Sky Go is fine in the uk, but compared with Netflix it’s not as slick for downloads.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We have bitdefender vpn set to UK. Sky go wouldn't work with it in France or Spain. But bbc iplayer and itv hub did.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BertieBonkers
Oct 6, 2021
Lymington, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Almost 2 years
SUCCESS!!!! Thanks to all who suggested this, now on NORD VPN and picking up all our favourites just as before! Downside of course is thats another 94 Euro but at least its for 2 years and that way Sky dont get their mitts on it. So sat looking at Gibraltar and can confirm watching iPlayer too.
Thank you Funsters, mission accomplished!
Regards
Derek
8746919A-BA44-4647-B480-C7BC8CC6A42A.jpeg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back