Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Hi all
Looking at getting a couple of new solar panels for our new van. I bought the ones for thelast couple of vans from Photonic Univers and they have been very good and a decent company to deal with but I’ve found a company called Sunshine Solar and they look the same panels but at a cheaper price, both say they are German cells and both have 5m of cable. Has anyone bought from this company and where else have people bought from?
Thanks

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Or britain

Ive got these on my house but sadly couldnt fit them on mh because of previous bracketry.
looks good but bet they are pricey

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
looks good but bet they are pricey
Most things not produced in China are pricey but happily are generally better quality.

The unseen element of all these short term savings is CCPs true intentions, as we have seen only last week they have ambitions in other places the more powerful they grow the more difficult they will be to tackle. Have a look at debt trap diplomacy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve-N

Free Member
Sep 14, 2021
Cheltenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Camper
Exp
2nd Campervan since 2019
A 180W panel output is in optimum conditions. Stuck on your van roof they won't put that much out unless you visit the Sahara in June. 2x 180W will be fine with that MPPT.
Infrared (heat) has little to do with solar output, their output is linear to light (ultrviolet) so Iceland or north Norway would be just as good as central Africa

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Infrared (heat) has little to do with solar output, their output is linear to light (ultrviolet) so Iceland or north Norway would be just as good as central Africa
I think the reference is to overhead uninterrupted sun.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
The heat does impede production, not as much as low light, but anything above 25degC will start to diminish. A panel is tested at 25degC with a light intensity of 1000w/m2. These are called STC and printed on the label. Now you could have a situation where solar irradiation is more than 1000w/m2, even south Spain receives 1200-1300w/m2 in some places. But you have heat to. The de rating is listed in panel data as temperature coefficient. The smaller this coefficient, the less loss due to heat. If you have a panel without this info, it’s not very professional panel. Near Equator you have the sun above, but shorter day. You may have a peak power but going north or south, you gain time in daylight. You will not have the peak but more time to harvest longer in summer.

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
McLouis Steel
Exp
20 years
Hi all
Looking at getting a couple of new solar panels for our new van. I bought the ones for thelast couple of vans from Photonic Univers and they have been very good and a decent company to deal with but I’ve found a company called Sunshine Solar and they look the same panels but at a cheaper price, both say they are German cells and both have 5m of cable. Has anyone bought from this company and where else have people bought from?
Thanks
I have used 2 flexibles on the boat.... they fit along the boom so a bit of curvature helps. One had an intermittent fault and it has been replaced without any problems. I just had to send photos of doing a couple of tests with the multimeter. So pretty happy.

I think mine were German Chinese as well. Difficult to buy panels not of Chinese origin. Bit like lithium car batteries, most are made in China.

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
McLouis Steel
Exp
20 years
I have used 2 flexibles on the boat.... they fit along the boom so a bit of curvature helps. One had an intermittent fault and it has been replaced without any problems. I just had to send photos of doing a couple of tests with the multimeter. So pretty happy.

I think mine were German Chinese as well. Difficult to buy panels not of Chinese origin. Bit like lithium car batteries, most are made in China.
Sorry forgot to add these were from Sunshine Solar

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Hi all
Thanks
If Sunshine solar are in Norfolk that's where I got mine from they were just the job

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back