Alternative to Fiamma Premium (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, we found a bit of damp in the floor of our motorhome yesterday - the repair shop can’t take it in for another 9 weeks so we need to keep it dry until then. Obviously the Fiamma Premium is the most sought after cover at the moment but I’m more likely to find a hen with teeth than a 8m one of these :cry: Can anyone recommend the next best option. Read negative reviews about Maypole and Kampa, but I appreciate that this may not be everyone’s experience. We have a heater on inside and have also ordered one of those body shop halogen heater things to penetrate through the wall. We think it came in through the mastic around the exterior moulding and soaked into the floor and has crept a bit up the wall. We have a damp meter so we know while it’s not ideal it’s not absolutely awful. A little spongy.

Any recommendations you fine ladies and gentlemen?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
you would be better to find an inside undercover storage centre and if possible let it breath rather than wrap it up i know some traders who put units in a sealed container and a large dehumidifer on to dry them out prior to repairing them

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Local farm building (if there is one of course locally)?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Local farm building (if there is one of course locally)?
Alas Mister B, we did have it in a barn locally but when I checked we were covered with the insurance company they said it would need to be stored in a storage facility with alarms and security etc. So we took it back out and just kept it at home. I’ll ask around locally - yep (NI) has lots of farms nearby - and see if there’s someone we could store with for the duration. Probably be for the best!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
you would be better to find an inside undercover storage centre and if possible let it breath rather than wrap it up

Will do! Himself has today alone bought an oil filled radiator, a halogen quartz heater thing, a dehumidifier, and gorilla waterproof tape. We will be destitute by Sunday 🤣

Just checked - add on Sikaflex 522 and heat gun … God must love
Amazon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Alas Mister B, we did have it in a barn locally but when I checked we were covered with the insurance company they said it would need to be stored in a storage facility with alarms and security etc. So we took it back out and just kept it at home. I’ll ask around locally - yep (NI) has lots of farms nearby - and see if there’s someone we could store with for the duration. Probably be for the best!
Could you install an alarm system and CCTV in the farm unit, specifically focused on the motorhome ? Or a temp structure around the motorhome, of just low level concrete blocks or bollards subject to the farmers approval of course.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
MisterB

Alas he wouldn’t be that accommodating! But I’ll ask around for somewhere else in the meantime.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
MisterB

Alas he wouldn’t be that accommodating! But I’ll ask around for somewhere else in the meantime.
a shame if he wont allow you to put removable bollards front and back of the van - but i can understand why he wouldnt want them if he has a finished floor

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
problem using a dehumidifier if not in a sealed container is it will pull in moisture from outside through the fixed ventilation built into the motorhome and partially defeat the use of the dehumidifier.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Ye

problem using a dehumidifier if not in a sealed container is it will pull in moisture from outside through the fixed ventilation built into the motorhome and partially defeat the use of the dehumidifier.
Yep, you're quite right. We have got the damp bits back in the low greens now on the damp meter so that's something. Just have to get a cover now to keep it dry and that's the point we will put a dehumidifier inside with the heater. There is another heater underneath the motorhome now pointing upwards but on a gentle heat drying it from the outside too so as not to affect wiring etc. All things considered, it is going ok/well. Could have been a lot worse. Famous last words .....

I love your dog by the way. An absolute beauty.

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As your keeping the van at home, it may be worth speaking to a scaffolding company to see if they could erect a "tent" to cover it. The structure wouldn't be airtight but it would retain most of the heat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
As your keeping the van at home, it may be worth speaking to a scaffolding company to see if they could erect a "tent" to cover it.
That’s a very good idea! Thanks for that. I’ll ask around. Our village is full of tradesmen - I’m sure someone can put me up a type of car port.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back