Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Some time ago Bryan posted the idea of using bungee cord to thread through the bottom loops of windblockers ...I have been experimenting with this idea and it really is great.

I found a supplier of bungee cord and bought a length and played around with the correct tension so it was tightish but with a little natural give.

The people I bought it from also had some simple crimped ends with a hole in the end that takes a normal metal stake and because they are the same diameter as the bungee ( 8mm) are really easy to thread through the loops.

So the whole thing 2 ends and a front look very neat with just 4 pegs...great for hard standings. Swift to put and and down.

I aso bought on ebay the some 20mm circular magnets to attach sides to front...5 pairs down each side works well and cannot damage the material.

So for a few quid a tailor made solution

Well done done Bryan a great idea

...........barry

Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Brilliant idea. I bought my shockcord from Chichester caravans at £1 a metre. Cheapest way is to to buy a whole reel but only needed 10m so would have 90m spare. Holds the whole thing down with 4 pegs.
Magnets a good idea if you've got any steel in your MH but mine hasn't, at least not where it would be any help. I hold the corners to the awning legs with spring clips (like a big clothes peg) which was not my idea either (copied from BobandJane):thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Some time ago Bryan posted the idea of using bungee cord to thread through the bottom loops of windblockers ...I have been experimenting with this idea and it really is great.

I found a supplier of bungee cord and bought a length and played around with the correct tension so it was tightish but with a little natural give.

The people I bought it from also had some simple crimped ends with a hole in the end that takes a normal metal stake and because they are the same diameter as the bungee ( 8mm) are really easy to thread through the loops.

So the whole thing 2 ends and a front look very neat with just 4 pegs...great for hard standings. Swift to put and and down.

I aso bought on ebay the some 20mm circular magnets to attach sides to front...5 pairs down each side works well and cannot damage the material.

So for a few quid a tailor made solution

Well done done Bryan a great idea

...........barry

Link Removed

Pictures of the final solution would be great how about posting some for us less imaginative

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Magnets a good idea if you've got any steel in your MH but mine hasn't, at least not where it would be any help. I hold the corners to the awning legs with spring clips (like a big clothes peg) which was not my idea either (copied from BobandJane):thumb:

I think he means he uses two magnets to hold the front windblocker to the side windblocker, not the van :Smile:

Another good idea :thumb:

For those that missed the original thread detailing the use of bungees, here is a link to it...

Broken Link Removed

Bryan

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I tried it another way

Using Brians idea.. when at Shepton I park on the hard standing to enable me to use my wheelchair (saves bogging down in the mud.. and it was wet and muddy as we all know).... as the side wind blocker would be across the tarmac (the front stretched to the grass) so I put a ground stake in the grass and run a light rope through the side blocker and fixed it to the other end to a heavy object beside the edge of my RV.. and the windblocker stayed in place... just had to think out side the box... but it was based on Brians idea. The rope I used I got from Decathlon.. it is used as climbing rope and can be purchased in various lengths and I use it for lots of different uses related to the trailer or the RV.

Good one Brian.

Bob:thumb:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We did it too. Bought two long bunjees from ebay and used tent pegs to hook them round. Worked great. We put the peg well under the van so that the windblocker could be right up against the van side.
Great idea - thanks.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I think he means he uses two magnets to hold the front windblocker to the side windblocker, not the van :Smile:

For those that missed the original thread detailing the use of bungees, here is a link to it...

Broken Link Removed

Bryan

Some of you know that I have been prototyping awning blocker panels over the last 3 seasons. I have been testing poles, eyelets fabrics, bungees etc.

I have just received some samples of a good quality suction cup that has a matching eyelet that slots on, these will hopefully be suitable to hold a blocker panel edge to the body of a van. I am currently testing the system on my van to see if it does the job. Hopefully it will also be suitable to hold draft skirt also.

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years

Broken Link Removed

Bryan

Thats right Bryan...seems to work

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back