Dentists in Spain (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Will it be cheaper/quicker/easier to get a filling done in Spain. I cannot get NHS dentist over here so have to go private. The one where I am at the moment is messing me about.

Just need a simple filling. The dentist here wants 2 maybe three appointments and won't give me a price before I go.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Will it be cheaper/quicker/easier to get a filling done in Spain. I cannot get NHS dentist over here so have to go private. The one where I am at the moment is messing me about.

Just need a simple filling. The dentist here wants 2 maybe three appointments and won't give me a price before I go.

Hi Gromett
I have no personel experience of the Spanish dentists, but earlier this year a friend had very ggod service in Bennicasim then claimed her fees back on her travel Insurance, I believe you have to get reciepts for the fees charged. Pete

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If your going to Spain have a couple of weeks in Morocco for free. The dentists are very good and much cheaper than Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Rex had to go to dentist a couple of years ago - we were in El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz - excellent service and cheaper than UK.

Some people at Zahora regularly visit a local Spanish dentist in preference to English ones!:Smile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone. Sounds like just what I need Marie. I will hold out for Zahora I think... It's not painful at the moment just a minor niggle...

I don't want to deal with insurance for this or EHIC stuff etc. Just want to go in. Pay the fee, have it done and bugger off :winky:

The dentist here wants me to pay £30 for a checkup. Maybe come back for an XRay. Then come back yet again for the filling. Charging me at each stage.

I am sorry but the dentist here must have done 10's of thousands of these things and could say. If it is a simple/small one it will be £50 if it require deep work etc it will be no more than £1xx. I don't need a checkup for £30. I know I NEED a filling (only my second in 40 years) and I want it doing without any fuss and I will pay cash.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. Much appreciated ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you need a temporary filling just to keep you going Link Removed are pretty good. I used one whilst awaiting an appointment at the dentist a couple of months ago. the cheapest place I've seen them is Asda.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Graham. It says

"This is a temporary remedy meant to replace a lost filling or inlay until you have a chance to visit your dentist."

As I don't have a filling already I am guessing this wouldn't be suitable. Thanks though ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham. It says

"This is a temporary remedy meant to replace a lost filling or inlay until you have a chance to visit your dentist."

As I don't have a filling already I am guessing this wouldn't be suitable. Thanks though ::bigsmile:

True, only good if you already have a hole.

If you only got rot, it's good not a lot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am 40 and have one filling this will be my second. Is that good or about normal?

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
They reckon the two top things that have increased sinced the 60s...beyond any recognition of reality are......houses...and dentists.

Ive tried to do the same thing and trained to be a hairdresser and only charge £19,000 per hair cut.... so far no takers....life can be cruel.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Spanish dentists are excellent - much better and cheaper than in UK. They don't usually charge for check ups. A simple filling is approx 50 Euros.

Hope you get sorted.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
shouldn't you be helping Rex get ready for the off rather than posting about dentists, little Sis?

(just like I should be getting on with my work..)

JJ
Rex had to go to dentist a couple of years ago - we were in El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz - excellent service and cheaper than UK.

Some people at Zahora regularly visit a local Spanish dentist in preference to English ones!:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Grommet, find out which of your local hospitals has a dentist department and get along there and get it done for free. A friend of mine has never been to a local dentist always goes to the local dentist dept at the hospital for what ever dental treatment he needed.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone, Carol going to the hospital before I set off is not practical where I am unfortunately..

I am going to wait for Spain.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back