Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just browsing on Ebay for sim offers and came across a couple which might interest funsters, I clarified the requirements for using them so can confirm the below is correct:
  • They give unlimited calls, texts & data in the UK and limited data (12gb pcm) in the EU.
  • They don't get activated immediately - eg the 24 months starts counting as soon as you insert it into a phone and start using it however you must do this within 60 days from when you receive the sim.
The cost depends on the duration you want the sim for (could be less £ - see bottom of post):

£45 + £2.50 P&P is for 12 months from activation​
£50 + £2.50 P&P is for 24 months from activation​
£70 +£1.29 P&P is for 36 months from activation​

It would be good option for those who don't want to have a monthly contract or want to have the benefit of unlimited stuff at a much lower cost than you can get it from otherwise, they even work out cheaper than cashback site ones!

I messaged the buyer for more info and also mentioned that I was going to put it on the forum as some of you may be interested and he's come back with the below:

Tell your friend when they are making the purchase they should drop a short note with a reference to: minxysellinggirl so we know the transaction is from your recommendation, we then send them a cashback/discount also reward to you.
I wasn't asking for this but it's good of them to do this.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So thats £47.50 for 12 months with no other costs ? Is that right?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So thats £47.50 for 12 months with no other costs ? Is that right?
That's the way I read it but, and I'm not saying it may be suspect, there are some inconsistencies in the wording. On the £70 option (36 months) it says
This Prepaid,Preloaded 5G to be use in the UK ((EXCEPTION OF NORTHERN IRELAND) Also includes GO ROAMING...meaning you can use your This Prepaid,Preloaded 5G SIM in 71 countries including NORTHERN IRELAND for 24 months for only £70 (one time fee) at no extra cost
Call Any UK Landlines And Mobiles And Talk As Much As You Want,For 90 Months At No Extra Charge?

I would maybe have went for it if I hadn't just bought an EE 120Gb data sim!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We used to use 3 in the U.K. but found out the hard way you had to start them in the U.K. as they wouldn’t kick in if you were abroad, took three of them with us and couldn’t get them going in Spain :doh:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's the way I read it but, and I'm not saying it may be suspect, there are some inconsistencies in the wording. On the £70 option (36 months) it says
This Prepaid,Preloaded 5G to be use in the UK ((EXCEPTION OF NORTHERN IRELAND) Also includes GO ROAMING...meaning you can use your This Prepaid,Preloaded 5G SIM in 71 countries including NORTHERN IRELAND for 24 months for only £70 (one time fee) at no extra cost
Call Any UK Landlines And Mobiles And Talk As Much As You Want,For 90 Months At No Extra Charge?

I would maybe have went for it if I hadn't just bought an EE 120Gb data sim!
I imagine its with cutting and pasting from one ad to the other.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
But I get 100gb/month data on my phone so what are the advantages or am I missing something? I usually am😂😂
For talkings sake let's say you are paying £15 \ month for your contract that would give a 36 month total spend of £540. It would appear the 36 month sim linked to by Minxy gives the same, if not more, for a one off cost of £70 plus £1.29 postage. Unless I'm misunderstanding it.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
But I get 100gb/month data on my phone so what are the advantages or am I missing something? I usually am😂😂
It is unlimited and costs less ...

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A bit more info from the seller which was posted as feedback in reply to another purchaser:

Dear customers we are software, development company based at: Level 1,One Mayfair Place, Devonshire house,Mayfair London WIJ 8AJ. check our site:Robabyroll.net for details of our products and services . We are selling 3 5G business sims for promotional purpose (subsidie ) to create an awareness of our new software coming soon. 3 dont allow business sim users to register on 3 app & check balance etc, only non business sim users can register on 3 app. You guys can contact 3 to confirm this

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
3 dont allow business sim users to register on 3 app & check balance etc, only non business sim users can register on 3 app. You guys can contact 3 to confirm this
Seems to me they are saying you have to trust them that it has the amount of data on them and will last as long as they say?
If so this will take you out of the return period for paypal?

Sorry this one just seems scammy to me.

Unlimited sim but then they say pre-loaded with £240, £480 or £720 credit? Why?

If something seems too good to be true it usually is.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
A bit more info from the seller which was posted as feedback in reply to another purchaser:

Dear customers we are software, development company based at: Level 1,One Mayfair Place, Devonshire house,Mayfair London WIJ 8AJ. check our site:Robabyroll.net for details of our products and services . We are selling 3 5G business sims for promotional purpose (subsidie ) to create an awareness of our new software coming soon. 3 dont allow business sim users to register on 3 app & check balance etc, only non business sim users can register on 3 app. You guys can contact 3 to confirm this

A ‘prestige’ London address that is nothing more than a serviced office space and mail drop - Servcorp - every ‘business’ I’ve ever come across that uses such a facility has had nothing behind them. Caveat emptor I think.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Seems to me they are saying you have to trust them that it has the amount of data on them and will last as long as they say?
If so this will take you out of the return period for paypal?

Sorry this one just seems scammy to me.
All I have done is post what I found on Ebay, you can read the ads and the feedback and make your own minds up, do it or don't, it's up to others if they want to buy them or not.

Unlimited sim but then they say pre-loaded with £240, £480 or £720 credit? Why?

If something seems too good to be true it usually is.
I'm assuming that to get the amount of provision it would cost £240 etc ... have a look at Three's business sim info.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
All I have done is post what I found on Ebay, you can read the ads and the feedback and make your own minds up, do it or don't, it's up to others if they want to buy them or not.
I understand, and I always appreciate you bringing great sim deals to my attention. You have given me some crackers in the past. This one I am not too sure about and was just voicing my concern. It may be as it seems, but I won't be going for this one I don't think..

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ah, just realised it is a phone only sim. If you put it in a data only device it is unlikely to continue to work I suspect. So I couldn't get this and just pop it in my router I don't think.

It makes more sense in that case. I withdraw my concerns :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah, just realised it is a phone only sim. If you put it in a data only device it is unlikely to continue to work I suspect. So I couldn't get this and just pop it in my router I don't think.

It makes more sense in that case. I withdraw my concerns :)
You can see more info about them and the sims on their site: https://robabyroll.net/

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
English not their first language?
Have you checked out the so-called ‘FAQs’ on that website? ;)
Yes

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Must have a big marketing budget or money to burn:giggle:
You need to look at Three's business sims ... bulk buying brings the prices down a lot.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Could be worth a punt for £50.
Wonder if one can transfer their number over 🤔

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I just messaged them, awaiting a reply. I've heard that name ezekiel ( name of seller on ebay) before on social media, one of 2 dogs shouting to each other. That slightly puts me off. Not sure if anyone seen the clip but it has some swearing in it so I won't post here.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Why not ask the seller.
Screenshot_20220107-110329_eBay.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Are they going to be subject to the £2 A DAY! roaming fee in Europe?

It seems only O2 will not be charging for roaming after May 2022 ---- Guess where I'm moving to?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back