Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
NEW from 1st October 2011. TOBACCO guidlines for personal use - 800 cigarettes (was 3,200), 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 1 Kg smoking tobacco (was3 Kg).

just come back last night and its all changed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's only guidelines, you can bring back as much as you like as long as its for personal use and not for resale.

This is the case for 'duty paid abroad' as opposed to actual duty free (i.e. from outside the EU) where the limits are lower and strictly adhered to.

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
See Broken Link Removed from a few days ago :Smile:

cheers ive been out of the country for a few days and havent had time to catch up:winky:
i just thought i would tell people because of all the little old ladies on a coach trip were having everything taken off them

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
cheers ive been out of the country for a few days and havent had time to catch up:winky:
i just thought i would tell people because of all the little old ladies on a coach trip were having everything taken off them

Customs will do so, until someone having goods confiscated informs them that the goods are of EU T2 Status, (Duty paid and in free EU circulation) and subsequently sues them.
Been done before.
Wont explain T2 any further, i know it will be googled anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
need to know where they bought .could have been gibralter or andorra etc . poor info causes bad advice or rumours.unfortunately the web is full of half info.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
need to know where they bought .could have been gibralter or andorra etc . poor info causes bad advice or rumours.unfortunately the web is full of half info.

Could be the case, Alan, but they will confiscate illegally at some point. Just needs one on a power trip to set the rot, and old ladies are easy meat.
Doubtful though that the goods came from outside the EU Zone on a shopping trip. Usually 1 or 2 day jobs.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john .not knocking your post. been there argued it out. they know with the barcode where you bought it. but pretend not to. your post was accurate. authority is ilegal more times than its legal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
hi john .not knocking your post. been there argued it out. they know with the barcode where you bought it. but pretend not to. your post was accurate. authority is ilegal more times than its legal.

Not taken like that at all, Alan. Good point.
They are new guidelines to come in line with the rest of the EU guidelines, not Directives or Regulations.
Someone will come on saying they are Regs, but they aint. The guidelines are embodied in UK Regs, thats all.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
once my car was searched for drugs at dover on the outward trip don't they know how much cheaper it is abroad :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back