LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have noticed in a few vans over the years that the dash mounted radio CD player gets hot after a while and the CD starts to jump.
I thought it was something to do with the CD player but in the present van I have one of those 12 disc changers,well away from the radio head. Over the last few days the radio head has started to get hot and skip. Is this just me that's having this problem and is there anything I can do about it apart from switching the radio off. I did think it was something to do with the heater as have just started using it as the weather has become colder.

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
If its an old CD player then this happens all the new ones that are out since about 2008-9 have better insides just like pc's better processors, Like these they run better, If you bought even a cheapie now adays you will find it will get warm but shouldnt get hot,

I used to fit stereo in cars years ago and this was always a problem, If i was you also i would go down the route of MP3 or Ipod connection that way you never have a problem, The stereo in my car i have has Bluetooth connection and can control the music on my phone to the car, amazing stuff now adays

Craig

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
CDs
Come on Dave keep up son:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
We gave up on playing CD's in our 2006 CI.

After only a couple of tracks the CD was too hot to handle.

Since the heater wasn't what we expected, was thinking there might be a trunking off, but havent had the time to investigate.

I like my gadgets so a new player looks like just what the doctor ordered.

Cheers Guys
June

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
When I used to commute every day in my Citroen C3, in the summer you could guarantee that the CDs would start skipping after an hour or so. The front of the player would get warm but I was never certain whether the air-con unit underneath was making the matter worse. CD-R discs were much worse than CD-RWs - never risked my original discs!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
CDs
Come on Dave keep up son:ROFLMAO:

Now now Geo, have only just moved on from tapes. Dont understand these new fangled MP3 things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I can't use mine cos it flattens the van battery...:Sad:

I have a relay fitted from the leisure batteries to the engine battery which keeps the engine battery topped up from the solar panels. £20 from ebay.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks again, Dave.

Dixon just been on to say that that is what I had done at the last mh show ... doh .... I just havn't tried the player since then and don't know what I 've got half the time.:RollEyes:

But the site number is brilliant thank you. Joy

PS for info, just shows how important being a man or having a man in the know is to women out there ... it cost me £90 to have the wire done.... :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back