Can you put your hand in your oven when its on full heat (1 Viewer)

lodgey

Free Member
Oct 7, 2011
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I am having issues with my Thetford Aspire Oven. It does not hold its heat and it takes at least one hour to get hot. Once hot the heat seems to go into the grill as this is always very hot to touch. The oven however is not and I can put my hand onto the bottom of the oven and even on full heat after an hour it is barely warm. Does anyone have the same problem or know of a solution to this please.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: buy a new oven :Eeek: it should work just like the one you have in your house :thumb:
terry

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I am having issues with my Thetford Aspire Oven. It does not hold its heat and it takes at least one hour to get hot. Once hot the heat seems to go into the grill as this is always very hot to touch. The oven however is not and I can put my hand onto the bottom of the oven and even on full heat after an hour it is barely warm. Does anyone have the same problem or know of a solution to this please.

Hi lodgey and welcome to the Fun :flyingwelcome:

With regard to your oven problem I don't know how long you have had the van & if the oven has worked correctly for you in the past.
However I would suggest before spending out on a new one have it serviced & checked over by a professional lpg gas fitter.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
My top grill bit gets very hot when the oven is on, but then again the oven is bloody hot. If yours is not getting hot I would try and find out where all that heat is going. the other thing to look is if the thermostat is working as it should , sounds like you need to get a gas professional to have a look to be on the safe side.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back