Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Im deciding whether to go to spain before or after Christmas or perhaps both. First time with a motorhome on the continent. And cant wait

May consider marjal..........and heard good things about javea..

Ive never been great at relaxing ...always like to be doing something...

Will take the bikes with us...Like to read ... a bit of a drink I enjoy my food.. and meeting other people...but can folks tell me if they get bored with a long stay in one place ?

If not what do you do ???.....

barry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Im deciding whether to go to spain before or after Christmas or perhaps both. First time with a motorhome on the continent. And cant wait

May consider marjal..........and heard good things about javea..

Will take the bikes with us...Like to read ... a bit of a drink I enjoy my food.. and meeting other people...but can folks tell me if they get bored with a long stay in one place ?

If not what do you do ???.....

barry

About three (3) weeks is long enough for me in one place..

I like to do as much sight seeing as possible, and after 3 weeks max I have seen most of what I want to see in any given area..

And that is why I have a Motorhome, so I can up sticks and move to somewhere different..

Suppose it would not do for all of us to be the same.. :winky:::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to spend the time renovating motorhomes. Its much easier in the sun.

I always had a winter project whilst overwintering in Spain.

When I went to Morocco I saved all the mechanical jobs up and got them done out there at a tenth of the European price.

These jobs were always done around playing petanque between the hours of 2 and 6 in the afternoon.

Never had time to be bored.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
barry

You should have seen the stack of model helicopter kit I had for last year's Big Trip to Spain. Wife did not approve ! Anyway, family reasons stopped us going.

I don't know if I envy or pity folk who can just pick up a book and read endlessly, for me that's my life going down the tubes for no good reason. Love to explore. Then relive it all on cold winter's nights on the computer.

The terrible danger, which we have fallen into in the past is a routine of TV and alcohol every night, it's all too easy when booze is cheap and never more than 6 feet away. Most unhealthy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You should have seen the stack of model helicopter kit I had for last year's Big Trip to Spain. Wife did not approve ! Anyway, family reasons stopped us going.

I don't know if I envy or pity folk who can just pick up a book and read endlessly, for me that's my life going down the tubes for no good reason. Love to explore. Then relive it all on cold winter's nights on the computer.

The terrible danger, which we have fallen into in the past is a routine of TV and alcohol every night, it's all too easy when [HI]booze is cheap and never more than 6 feet away. Most unhealthy[/HI].

I was as unhealthy as a Newt last night..........great innit.......:beerchug:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never stay anywhere much more than a week by then we've covered the local area on our motorbike. Can't stand sitting around doing nothing like to keep moving thats why we have a m/home. If we were gonna stay for weeks on end at the same site I'd have a caravan or a static not that I've ever been to a site I'd want to stay long term.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was as unhealthy as a Newt last night..........great innit.......:beerchug:

Yes it is. But when you've found a bargain bottle and one bottle is not enough it gets dangerous.

Oh boy did we get a red to die for from the campsite shop in Sankt Goar. As I filled a bag the young German girl said "you like red don't you". Who said Germans don't have a sense of humour.

They are sat here, it's a battle, how long can we make them last to remind us of a warm sunny Rhine in this miserable times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We stayed at Camping Javea Dec 04 to July 05 and Camping Marjal Jan 2011 to June 2011

Both sites during those times had a good hard core Brit group of visitors which was good if you joined in.

Since 2005 I know that most of 'our' Javea Brit group have moved on most having actually purchased Spanish properties near Javea.

The Marjal Brit group WILL be back there this Christmas even before for most for six months and all will have a great time :thumb:

YOUR biggest problem if you choose Camping Marjal will be finding a vacancy :Smile:

Mick :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back