LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Just looking through some of the photos from last year's rallies and came across this one.... What a difference a year makes...:Smile:

Remember Hippie Rob? ... and Frankie .... guess who's van is just off to the right.... yes, your Prince.... Who would have thought that 12 months on you would be his Princess!!!:Smile:

And on top of that those of you who went to Shepton this year with our anoraks the order of the day .... LOOK AT THE WEATHER ... it was really hot all weekend....:Cool:

Attachments

• sheptonfriends2.jpg
    sheptonfriends2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 125
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hippie Rob. Is that the bloke on the right ? Is he still a member ?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Looks more like a ZZ top member than a hippy to me.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Ralph and Bev, No but he keeps in touch by phone with me... he was a real character that Roger took under his wing. Rob owns a property on an island off Scotland where he can be a real recluse.... and of course frequents Glastonbury.

I can't recognise the young couple but remember they were lovely and the other lady is Linda of Laneside.... and of course, little French Frankie.. and me on the left . .. with JJ's wagon just off the photo.

I just can't get over how the sun shone all weekend for us from memory.. or am I just doing what we do when we remember childhood summer holidays...:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
By the looks of his jeans he looks like hes just come straight from Glastonbury :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Happy Hippy rob ceased to be a member when the site went to subscription. Someone else has since joined using the same user name. Rob fulltimes in an Iveco van and despite appearances Rob is an interesting and well educated man, I believe he was once a teacher. He is still to be found in the Glastonbury area for six months of the year and in the welsh hills the rest of the year along with Kya, his dog. He recently went home to the Isle of Bute to look after his mother but left as soon as she was able to manage on her own again.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So right Roger. A very clever man and very witty when you talk to him one to one. Very sensitive person too. Really like him.

Can you or anyone recognise the lovely young couple in the picture. I remember how friendly they were.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I kept in touch with Happy hippie Rob and yes , very sensitive person ! He rescued his dog Kya who was a beaten dog and so very very scared ! But she is much better since he has her! Nice job he's done with that dog:thumb:

Thanks Joy for the pic .....!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Joy, nice to see you about again, :thumb: the other two in the picture are Ray and Claire or better known as clarify still members and came to our meet a few weeks ago. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back