Satellite dish help (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi,

Well here we are in southern Spain and whilst we do have some UK channels I'd like to get my Sky box working. I know I need a big dish and I have now got a 1.3m one...well, almost

....almost because I have the stand, dish, lnb and co-ax...but I DON'T have the arm that fixes to the dish and holds the lnb in place.

I'm attaching pictures of the dish in the hope that maybe, just maybe, some-one will recognise the make/model and I may be able to get a replacement arm for it.

:Smile:

Bryan

Attachments

• DSC_0562.jpg
    DSC_0562.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0566.jpg
    DSC_0566.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0572.jpg
    DSC_0572.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 46

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry.. dont recognise that dish at all...

Be aware that BBC have just re-organised their channels so if you had them before they may no longer work on that size dish....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bryan, cannot help with the arm as such, but some time ago I came across some info on making a dish your self..
It has all the info and measurements on it so with some ingenuity and gaffer tape you could make up something even from a piece of wood ( and no, this is not a joke or wind up ! )

LNB's are available for very little money from almost anywhere nowadays, so you should be able to get it sorted out quite easily with any luck.

http://www.vetrun.net/forums/showthread.php?t=481

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi,
Well here we are in southern Spain and whilst we do have some UK channels I'd like to get my Sky box working. I know I need a big dish and I have now got a 1.3m one...well, almost

Most of the Sky package is easily availble on small dishes...I get most channels on an old sky minidish I have on my roof..!

In Spain a big dish tends to be required for the FTA BBC ITVs channels...and those on the two "north beams" on AStra 2a and Astra 2b (like Sky SPorts 4, Sky SPorts News,)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Most of the Sky package is easily availble on small dishes...I get most channels on an old sky minidish I have on my roof..!

In Spain a big dish tends to be required for the FTA BBC ITVs channels...and those on the two "north beams" on AStra 2a and Astra 2b (like Sky SPorts 4, Sky SPorts News,)

Sorry, when I said I get some UK channels I should have made it clear that they are from the tv hookup the campsite provide.

I want to get my 1.3m dish working and need the arm for the dish in the pictures...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
No use whatsover.. But when Lady P.. gets there chuck her up on the roof, unscrew one of the coax cables from the site dish and get her to put yours in..

If there is anything you want sending out give me a shout..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back