Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have just bought one of these from Makro.

Link Removed

Ideal for the motorhome with it's compact size, it easily fitted and is now secured in one of our overhead lockers in the kitchen area. Only 600W so not too much of a worry on EHU. Our kettle is 650W and has never tripped the EHU even in low amp hook ups abroad.

Currently still £59.99 on Amazon. At £29.99 plus vat I thought it was not to bad.
We had to spend 1p more to get Free delivery though so bought an air freshner as well.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I may be wrong, but I think the 600w is the cooking power - most microwaves are either 600w or 800w output, look for the label on the machine and find where it shows the voltage and you should see the actual wattage use. Be very surprised if it is 600w - if it is, will be out to get one.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I may be wrong, but I think the 600w is the cooking power - most microwaves are either 600w or 800w output, look for the label on the machine and find where it shows the voltage and you should see the actual wattage use. Be very surprised if it is 600w - if it is, will be out to get one.

Nigel and Pamala

600 W is the microwave rated power for cooking. Our microwave at home is 1000W, most domestic microwave ovens are 700W to 1000W these days.
It's relatively low power and especially the smaller sized casing, makes it fine for our needs and our van, and it's only £36.

The actual input power on this model is rated at 1000W.
I had working on a multiple of 2 on start up, so had reckoned it at 1200W, so it's better than I had thought, and still not to bad for most EHU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I wonder if you could tell me the actual depth of the unit. We have searched every where for one we can close the door on the wall cabinet,We have small Sony at the moment but still can not fully close the door.:Smile:

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I wonder if you could tell me the actual depth of the unit. We have searched every where for one we can close the door on the wall cabinet,We have small Sony at the moment but still can not fully close the door.:Smile:

Hi the dimensions are as follows....(W x H x D) 421x224x320 mm

Callum

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi the dimensions are as follows....(W x H x D) 421x224x320 mm

Callum
Thanks for that, still the same size as the one we have. The cupboards in our swift are only 300mm deep, and 320mm seems to be the norm in microwaves ! keep looking:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for that, still the same size as the one we have. The cupboards in our swift are only 300mm deep, and 320mm seems to be the norm in microwaves ! keep looking:thumb:

just an idea.. could you not remove the door, bolt or screw the microwave into the cupboard and finish with a piece of trim around the front... that's how our's was done in the RV... but bear in mind, microwaves require some ventilation...

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
just an idea.. could you not remove the door, bolt or screw the microwave into the cupboard and finish with a piece of trim around the front... that's how our's was done in the RV... but bear in mind, microwaves require some ventilation...

Yes I did consider that,but on reflection I would have to replace the door if I came to sell, Its not the end of the world that the door is slightly ajar, but would look better closed, Thanks anyway:thumb:

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were just lucky in that our locker doors are curved bowing out from top to bottom.

The depth is just under 320 mm at top and bottom, but about 335 mm in the middle, so raising the oven about an inch off the cupboard floor means the door will lock closed, with the oven a snug fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back