Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its quite simple ,you dont enter gib with your rig. take the car but dont even think of trying it with the rv. you maybe able to leave the rv just outside the border in la linea . we do. i then take the unit in or my m,bike.
been doing it for years. or i park further up the coast road and drive in.
ideal for cheap fuel. but you would have difficulty making the turns in the queue.they might let you take the straight route in but usually only let trucks and buses . officialy no camping in gib.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
3or4 campsites close to Gib on the Spanish side thats the best you will do
Or there are one or two wild spots if the police have given up moving you on a 5am:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the only time i go into a campsite near gib is to see uk people . the police have been a bit less trouble in the last 2 yrs . in la linea. last spring we were parking back on the mud just outside . a friend had been there 8 months. sometimes we park down near the gas works on the way to algeciras. interesting view over a solar panel farm. thousands of em. or park in lidl at polmones /los barrios agai on the way to algeciras .look for the toys are us sign.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Park on the Spanish side and walk in, you can catch a bus at the border (gib side) into town, or alternatively walk across the runway about ten minute walk. :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Went in with the RV about 4 years ago for fuel. No problem getting in, the problems started when I came out. Made me drive around the chicane and then strip searched the RV on the Spanish side. Took about 4 hours to get out of the place. Swore I would never go there again,not even for 500 litres of cheap fuel.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi dave. if you argue enough they sometimes let you out without going through the chicane . but then they mess you with the customs. they are in the middle of sorting a new entrance . keeps changing every year lately.
get a 5er . leave the trailer out side .go infor fuel and goodies thats the best way. where you park an rv etc to go shoping i dont know in gib.
we find the m,bikes easy for in and outing . to get that weed stuff,

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Gibraltar

No problems taking our motorhome on to the 'Rock' We were there last week touring around Tarifa and Jimena. If you want to avoid the large queue of traffic going through immigration/customs plan to arrive after 1400hrs. If you arrive before expect a wait from 30 mins to 1 hour. You have to cross the airport runway on the UK side which is the major delay as planes arriving and departing are quite busy in the morning.
Get loaded up at Morrisons supermarket with steak pies, real Weetabix, stilton and cranberry cheese, curry take aways and real ales, then when you depart the store call into the filling station and fill up at 92 pence per litre. On the Spanish side it is one euro 27 cents a litre (diesel) Don't be tempted to buy to many bottles of spirits.. the Guardia Civil as you depart UK land to Spain will confiscate your car or motorhome if caught.
Hope this helps.

atb Neil

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I always used to park on the supermarket car park. Do my shopping in town then fuel up at the supermarket filling station. I always thought what all the fuss was about shopping in Gib is not that cheap.OK if you can live on booze bacca and diesel,but everything else was always much the same as anywhere else. By the way am still drinking Bacardi bought there now.:winky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you struggle now in the supermarket car park .its all been made tight and narrow. better to buy most of your booze in spain. then its duty paid you can bring lots home legally.
personally i prefer the spanish solera brandy. mmmmmmm
only brought a few home hee heee. and the odd carton of wine and four pack of beer. somebody else must have put the rest on board i didnt know about it sir. cigarettes i dont even smoke.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Its never happen

3or4 campsites close to Gib on the Spanish side thats the best you will do
Or there are one or two wild spots if the police have given up moving you on a 5am:Doh:
Geo

In over 8 years of wilding outside the gates at Gibraltar I have never been moved by the Spanish police and when I stop there its for a week or 2 and not just over night.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back