Croatia allowed to join Schengen! (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
European Union governments agreed on Thursday for Croatia to join the bloc's passport-free Schengen travel area after Zagreb convinced Brussels that it was able to effectively manage its section of the bloc's external borders.

This might upset a few peoples plans?

Pete

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
European Union governments agreed on Thursday for Croatia to join the bloc's passport-free Schengen travel area after Zagreb convinced Brussels that it was able to effectively manage its section of the bloc's external borders.

Pete
It was coming.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Guardian had an article 2 days ago, citing 3 EU sources, indicating that EU would be likely to restrict the validity of COVID Vaccination Passports to 9 months maximum to deter the Freedom of Movement 'border hopping' that is helping the spread of COVID. I didn't bother posting details because of restrictions on what I can access on this site, and my last 'non motorhome' post was moved to an area that I am not allowed to see, so I don't bother posting details any more

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

Pete
Yet it would make sense for them not to .

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Guardian had an article 2 days ago, citing 3 EU sources, indicating that EU would be likely to restrict the validity of COVID Vaccination Passports to 9 months maximum to deter the Freedom of Movement 'border hopping' that is helping the spread of COVID. I didn't bother posting details because of restrictions on what I can access on this site, and my last 'non motorhome' post was moved to an area that I am not allowed to see, so I don't bother posting details any more

Steve
Mine was deleted .

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When we were last in Croatia several years ago they were dead keen to be in the EU. It's not surprising they want closer alignment. At the time there were quite a few tourists from other eu countries particularly Germany and Italy so it could well be good for their economy

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
No date yet though!
Spoke to the border guards on the way through yesterday, they said 2023
When we were last in Croatia several years ago they were dead keen to be in the EU. It's not surprising they want closer alignment. At the time there were quite a few tourists from other eu countries particularly Germany and Italy so it could well be good for their economy
I don’t pretend to be clever enough understand all the financial stuff, BUT, the owner of the aire we’re on said Croatia was using the euro from next year and prices will rise sharply🤷‍♂️ Better get shot of all my kuna on this trip🤔😁😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back