Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Merc
Exp
Hi there
I am new to Motorhoming but am very interested in finding beach sites with or without hook-ups within the UK - can anyone assist with some suggestions - We have two dogs who would always be with us. Any help would be much appreciated - Kind regards Steve

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This is a superb site for walking the "Jurassic Coast".. and if you are into "Beach" Sea Fishing.. some plots are literally on the beach (Chesil Beach)..

I have only visited friends who have stayed there and not camped myself.. ( only a few miles from where we lived)

So no idea on pricing etc... I know it is not open in the winter.. (Because of the storms along Chesil Beach)..

Hope this helps.. :thumb:

http://www.freshwaterbeach.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am on a beach site now only 2 hours drive from you.

Shell island near Barmouth.

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
This is a superb site for walking the "Jurassic Coast".. and if you are into "Beach" Sea Fishing.. some plots are literally on the beach (Chesil Beach)..

I have only visited friends who have stayed there and not camped myself.. ( only a few miles from where we lived)

So no idea on pricing etc... I know it is not open in the winter.. (Because of the storms along Chesil Beach)..

Highlands end, dorset.
This one top site 2 / 3 miles furter west short walk down to west bay bit dearer then freshwater but worth the extra. also good for fishing at eype.
http://www.wdlh.co.uk/ :thumb:

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)

Just checked its £40 per night, + £2 for hook up, + £2.50 for each dog in the summer hols.
Bloody hell ! Wont be going there :moon2:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Freshwater East CC in Pembrokeshire:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just checked its £40 per night, + £2 for hook up, + £2.50 for each dog in the summer hols.

I did say I have not stayed there...

And certainly wouldn`t at those prices.. :Eeek:

Shame cos when we visited there was a lot going on and a lot to do..

Mind that was over 30 years ago.. :RollEyes:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +

I think that is more than a little unfair judgement - that site is a holiday park that includes just about everything that you could ever want or need for your holiday.

The price quoted is at the very top of the Season - and it is for an outfit including up to 6 people - and club membership!

"Horses for courses" - for a large family with bored teenagers - £40 per night could be seen as quite an economic price

Dick

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Pentewan sands don't allow dogs as far as I know.
You could come to Scotland! Yellowcraigs CC site and Rosemarkie CCC site are both just about on the beach. Both fantastic for dogs. There are loads more but these spring to mind as my favourites.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Pentewan sands don't allow dogs as far as I know.
You could come to Scotland! Yellowcraigs CC site and Rosemarkie CCC site are both just about on the beach. Both fantastic for dogs. There are loads more but these spring to mind as my favourites.
You are correct , forgot no dogs. Other places we have been this year, Ladram Bay & Skegness Sands CC site:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have just been at Sandy Bay near Newbiggin by the Sea, Northumberland.

It is a holiday park with mainly statics and a small touring area in the corner on top of the park by the cliffs looking out to sea and down the coast to Blyth. You can walk down to the beach for fishing, walking, rock pooling etc. You can walk along the cliffs to Newbiggin. There is also a bar / restaurant and small indoor swimming pool.

At the moment you can book from Sun to Thurs (5 nights) for £17.50, so £3.50 per night including EHU....... They will charge £1 per day each for the dogs.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
So far Polzeath in Cornwall has been the best beach site that we have stayed at.

This was the view from our bed:
Polzeath.jpg

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I did say I have not stayed there...

And certainly wouldn`t at those prices.. :Eeek:

Shame cos when we visited there was a lot going on and a lot to do..

Mind that was over 30 years ago.. :RollEyes:

We have - it has its' good and bad points.

Good Idea is the late arrival set up. They have available pitches posted on the reception door, welcoming you just to hook up and see them in the morning. The site is well placed, and nice in low season - though they do tend to cram people in when busy.

Bad points, the charges and the fact that the owners are very interested in how much they can prise from your wallet - they actually insisted on coming into the van to see if we had 'hidden' another dog or had a child hiding in a cupboard to avoid payment - i was quite insulted by that.

Another late arrival had woken and taken their dog for a walk - she was banging on their door every two minutes, swearing and cursing them for not being there, and kept asking us where they were - like we knew them or something!

Some of the child facilities are looking a little worse for wear - not that we had any - and upon asking where the grey water dump was, we were told to open the tap on the road when we went out.

So nice site location, could be better organised and more welcoming, without appearing penny pinching. I would personally avoid it - but that is my opinion based on my own experience. For the money they charge, there are some far better ones in the area.

Mother Iveys bay in cornwall is quite popular as is Harlyn bay which are beach side, in cornwall.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back