Some changes and a new keyword system (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A few changes, some of you may have noticed that the text in posts got a tiny bit bigger (we’re all getting older :)) along with a little extra space between lines for legibility.

I have also been working on a keyword explainer for newbies. If I write the following in a post, to a newbie much of it would not make sense, I’ve turned those acronyms and other jargon into a link with an explanation. These links will now auto appear after you have posted. Check it out.

Yesterday I took the A class and the toad to Devon, I thought about wild camping but the Mrs doesn’t like the thought of me being called an FLT and only likes to stop on sites that have a proper CDP. So we ended up on this cracking CL that has a field attached and is a THS for six weeks in the summer. On the way home we pulled in at the local dealer who had a PVC in just like the one we used to have but 2 year younger. I do miss the PVC

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki Sport
Exp
Still learning Since 2015
That is brilliant as I always have trouble remembering what the TLA mean. Especially when the TLA have different meanings in different places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Should/Could the resulting explainer open in a new tab/window or even a pop-up?

Readability is good with new settings (y)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hmmm - no links that I can see

Your A Class and BTU links show up and worked for me. It might not be instant, but the links will appear inside a minute if we are busy, and in a second or so if we are not

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jim CDP seems to be standard text where everything else CCC for example is bold.

EDIT neither appear as a link though.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not for me?

1638880053255.png

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you Jim!
May I ask if it would be possible to add some? I understand alright it must be motorhome related.
Right now I can't think of any, but I'm probably one of those who are going to need explanations for another few ones

Sure (y)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Jim Not sure if it's just me, when I use the browser back arrow I get a picture with a cross, if I click back again it goes back the the main forum page.

Using Win10 Edge all up to date

Sorry Jim that was a pony explanation, I click on the link and get the explanation then when I try to use the browser back button I get the picture with a cross.

Same on chrome

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Jim Not sure if it's just me, when I use the browser back arrow I get a picture with a cross, if I click back again it goes back the the main forum page.

Using Win10 Edge all up to date

Sorry Jim that was a pony explanation, I click on the link and get the explanation then when I try to use the browser back button I get the picture with a cross.

Same on chrome
Me too on Android

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sorry they just point to a regular thread. I did have them on a neat hover popup, but they don't work for phone and tablet users and they are the majority these days.
Is there a reason that you cant have a pop up bubble on hover or click through to the link. That would solve both issues and be much easier

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
The problem ive got is when i click on the abreviation it opens the meaning in another thread with jim as the poster. To get out of it i click the back arrow and it shows a mostly blank screen with a x in the center,clicking back again takes me back to whats new and not the thread i was reading
win 10 and chrome

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
A few changes, some of you may have noticed that the text in posts got a tiny bit bigger (we’re all getting older :)) along with a little extra space between lines for legibility.

I have also been working on a keyword explainer for newbies. If I write the following in a post, to a newbie much of it would not make sense, I’ve turned those acronyms and other jargon into a link with an explanation. These links will now auto appear after you have posted. Check it out.

Yesterday I took the A class and the toad to Devon. I thought about wild camping but the Mrs doesn’t like the thought of me being called an FLT and only likes to stop on sites that have a proper CDP. So we ended up on this cracking CL that has a field attached and is a THS for six weeks in the summer. On the way home, we pulled in at the local dealer who had a PVC in just like the one we used to have but 2 years younger.
Brilliant Jim, and I had no idea what CDP was. As you say, you have attached a very helpful link, and I have read it - but I don’t think it applies to me. My van has a little red light on the toilet, and whenever it comes on, within a few hours it’s gone out, and life carries on as normal…… :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back