LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I am with Caravan Guard and received my quote for this year. M/home and contents inc solar panels, sat system, awning and gaslow totalling £40000. Including 8 months European cover and European breakdown is £313.50.

Self and wife driving.

I think that is reasonable what do you think? :thumb:

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
I am with Caravan Guard and received my quote for this year. M/home and contents inc solar panels, sat system, awning and gaslow totalling £40000. Including 8 months European cover and European breakdown is £313.50.

Self and wife driving.

I think that is reasonable what do you think? :thumb:

It's always worth shopping around these days!..I changed from Saga last year to Comfort because their like for like quote was far cheaper.....

However, having been invited by Comfort to renew my policy this year I rang Saga for a quote just out of interest. I was gobsmacked when they beat Comfort on a like for like quote by £ 70 ! :Smile:
Needless to say I have changed back to Saga this year!:thumb:
I know there are a lot of individual factors that determine what these insurance companies quote you, but in my view loyalty to any particular company does not pay these days!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Caravan Guard quote seems not bad, Ken, but as RKE says worth shopping around. We made significant savings on both van and car insurance this year by doing that. It seems that companies are giving much better discounts to new (or returning) customers just to get the extra business.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Fully comp, inc Eu breakdown and all after market parts listed, £169.00 from Saga.. And I moaned like billyo cos it had gone up £40 from last year !
Best I stay quiet in future as it seems like I had a pretty good deal !!

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
With all quotes its worth checking the excess. you may get a cheap quote, but if you have an excess of £350, its not really that cheap.
i had two rows when insuring mine, comfort gave me an excesss of £350, i told them that if i scraped the door or bumper, and the repair was under £350 or maybe £400-450, i may think it prudent to self repair rather than claim, lose my no claims, and end up paying anyway:Eeek:. So what was the point of insuring?
They sympathised, as did my existing company with a £250 excess, so i went elsewhere (Saga) and got a £150 excess. Saga give an initial large discount for new business, so i doubt i,ll be renewing next year........when it'll all start again:ROFLMAO:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Well knowing that you are going back to France on your own and knowing that you like going round roundabouts the wrong way I think this is an absolute bargain if they knew what I know it would be 3K per year

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Well knowing that you are going back to France on your own and knowing that you like going round roundabouts the wrong way I think this is an absolute bargain if they knew what I know it would be 3K per year

Oi :Angry:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
With all quotes its worth checking the excess. you may get a cheap quote, but if you have an excess of £350, its not really that cheap.
i had two rows when insuring mine, comfort gave me an excesss of £350, i told them that if i scraped the door or bumper, and the repair was under £350 or maybe £400-450, i may think it prudent to self repair rather than claim, lose my no claims, and end up paying anyway:Eeek:. So what was the point of insuring?
They sympathised, as did my existing company with a £250 excess, so i went elsewhere (Saga) and got a £150 excess. Saga give an initial large discount for new business, so i doubt i,ll be renewing next year........when it'll all start again:ROFLMAO:
if you have an accident that is not your fault or you decide not to claim you will still be hit on your premium by all insurers you may think it will not as i have not claimed you are asked any accident OR CLAIM in past 5 Years
RV insurance up 100% car insurance up 90% total over £900.

so if you do not inform a non claim accident you will get a penalty premium against you

i know this from personal experience with 9 years no claims on one policy and 3 non fault accidents in 3 years on another none related policy
its a big rip off the insurance industry do not tell you about

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds a good price to me Ken. Do you have breakdown/recovery separate? Just in the process of ringing round for quotes and your price for an A class seems very reasonable compared to what Im being quoted

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds a good price to me Ken. Do you have breakdown/recovery separate? Just in the process of ringing round for quotes and your price for an A class seems very reasonable compared to what Im being quoted

Breakdown and recovery is included in the price and for UK and Europe. :Smile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I'm also with Caravan Guard, when my renewal came in June it was £30 up on last year, after reading some 'insurance' threads on here I got a quote from Wilfred Pickles that was somewhat cheaper, however when I asked about breakdown assistance and uninsured loss recovery the quote hadn,t covered that, in the end like for like, Caravan Guard was the cheapest so I stayed there.:thumb:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Saga do NOT insure American RV's :Sad: just to save you calling them.

Mick

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds not to bad Ken for someone your age :ROFLMAO: I am with safeguard Ken and its only £220 and that includes 365 day European cover and breakdown cover, i have used frank pickles for 3 years but he was more expensive and the cover was no where near as good. My van isnt worth same as yours but they might be worth trying then you will know for sure if its a good deal, i have seen some folk on here mention about windscreen cover for an A class as some only cover up to £500.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just had a verbal quote from Saga and the robbing b******s want £613.43 The lowest Ive had is from Caravan Guard at £455.50.
Three of four others in between those two.
Caravan Guard is looking promising :thumb:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Just had a verbal quote from Saga and the robbing b******s want £613.43 The lowest Ive had is from Caravan Guard at £455.50.
Three of four others in between those two.
Caravan Guard is looking promising :thumb:

I agree with you, ref Saga . I"ve received a renewal quote from them , knocking the door of £600 . As near as you like , doubled cost . with No accidents , no claims , no anything :Eeek: .Their rep appeared as astonished as I was at the new cost , with no obvious reason or rationale for the cost hike. Other than they draw you in with a fair quote and cover , (not lowest or highest ) for 1st year ..... Then attempt to bankrupt you at renewal time , via hoping that the average customer will not notice the huge hike up , or cant be bothered shopping around .

So far 3 or 4 other quotes , ranging from £239 , to around £475, all being as near as damn it same level of cover as Saga .

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
NFU who I used to think were good value.......decided to increase my renewal premium by 30%....this included a special "40% discount"..........I rang around
and Saga gave me a price nearly £80 pounds less than I paid last year.

With most insurance I buy including house and contents...............new customers get a better deal than old customers renewing.So I tend to change every year.

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back