Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
When we were at shepton mallet a couple of weeks ago I changed a gas bottle ( orange bottles) as the pressure seemed low.

Now on site in the Norfolk broads..and the pressure seems high for 2 seconds then goes really low again.

Its the same for my outside barbie point........we are sure its been a lot better n the past.

Bottle connections double checked and all tight....inside taps fully on ...no smell of gas anywhere.......new s/ steel connection pipe............lucky we have one electric plate and Im a a hook up...but the kettle is taking forever on gas........any obvious things to check

thanks

barry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. i wonder if it could be the regulator. might be . have you tried the regulator . hee hee.

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.........Ill sort the regulator
when we get home at the weekend...........is replacing a simple DIY job ?

Unscrew the old one and replace with a new one??

thanks again.....

barry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It sounds like your hose from the regulator is full of goo (pipe breaking down) if your regulator is lower than the top of the bottle it will eventually block your regulator, so replace the regulator and fit Stainless flexible hoses at the same time.:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
When we were at shepton mallet a couple of weeks ago I changed a gas bottle ( orange bottles) as the pressure seemed low.

Now on site in the Norfolk broads..and the pressure seems high for 2 seconds then goes really low again.

Its the same for my outside barbie point........we are sure its been a lot better n the past.

Bottle connections double checked and all tight....inside taps fully on ...no smell of gas anywhere.......new s/ steel connection pipe............lucky we have one electric plate and Im a a hook up...but the kettle is taking forever on gas........any obvious things to check

thanks

barry

could be a faulty regulator !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.........Ill sort the regulator
when we get home at the weekend...........is replacing a simple DIY job ?

Unscrew the old one and replace with a new one??

thanks again.....

barry

It sounds like your hose from the regulator is full of goo (pipe breaking down) if your regulator is lower than the top of the bottle it will eventually block your regulator, so replace the regulator and fit Stainless flexible hoses at the same time.:thumb:

Good advice and a very simple job. Even an IT man could do it. A nurse done mine ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. i can say that if you hadnt made referance to the spelling i hadnt noticed . just thought it funny we all thought it was the reg.. the site is named fun. lets all laugh and make up .i think only you noticed the spelling. but laugh . remember laugh and the world laughs with you . cry and the world laughs at you.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Why thank you, nicest thing anyone has said to me today......
Mind you, I have been mainly unconscious in a dark room.......

By the way I never even noticed your spelling mistake either :Doh:......well not till you mentioned it... :ROFLMAO:

I meant to post

RE
GU
LAY
TOR..........

I love FUN, don't you.........:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Back on track Beachy,

I would not replace it with the Truama regulator as they are prone to fail. I had 2 go within 7 months. I replaced mine with a different sort. I think it's a German make on the Advice of CLS. It's far better. I will have a look if you want to know the sort, or someone may remind me. :Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
hi. i can say that if you hadnt made referance to the spelling i hadnt noticed . just thought it funny we all thought it was the reg.. the site is named fun. lets all laugh and make up .i think only you noticed the spelling. but laugh . remember laugh and the world laughs with you . cry and the world laughs at you.

Oops I was a bit touchy then wasn't I, I to like to keep it happy. Pete :Doh:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Why thank you, nicest thing anyone has said to me today......
Mind you, I have been mainly unconscious in a dark room.......

By the way I never even noticed your spelling mistake either :Doh:......well not till you mentioned it... :ROFLMAO:

I meant to post

RE
GU
LAY
TOR..........

I love FUN, don't you.........:thumb:

I was a bit touchy then wasn't I, I to like a laugh but must have misunderstood the replies. Pete :Doh:

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Back on track Beachy,

I would not replace it with the Truama regulator as they are prone to fail. I had 2 go within 7 months. I replaced mine with a different sort. I think it's a German make on the Advice of CLS. It's far better. I will have a look if you want to know the sort, or someone may remind me. :Smile:

If its no prob I would like to see what the alternative is .....I do suspect it is the regulator:RollEyes:...and yes googling the trauma...........shows massive bun fights
even with the caravan folks as trauma are now not replacing them blaming oil deposits in the gas bottles for gunging up "perfectly good " regulators.
So its all down to the gas bottles.!!!!

thanks
barry

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If its no prob I would like to see what the alternative is .....I do suspect it is the regulator:RollEyes:...and yes googling the trauma...........shows massive bun fights
even with the caravan folks as trauma are now not replacing them blaming oil deposits in the gas bottles for gunging up "perfectly good " regulators.
So its all down to the gas bottles.!!!!

thanks
barry

So why is it only Truma regs that seem to have the problem?

I have'nt had a problem yet but have seen the Clesse 466 regulator recommended as a good replacement and so carry one as a spare just incase.

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back