BBC 1 news this evening caravan item (1 Viewer)

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I don't know if you saw it but they were doing a piece about the recent flood victims. The reporter was sitting in a caravan and started by saying that 'every-one knows how cold and uncomfortable caravans are'. There was the Woman and her other half sitting in the nice lounge both wearing polo shirts with the window wide open. 'Cold and uncomfortable' I don't think so. All done to drama the item up I suppose.

ken

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
But they are not in THEIR homes where they should be 6 months on.

Newer caravans can be very comfy though especially the twin axle German ones like the lady was in.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
There are a great many statics still in people's gardens here in Moreton....the floods took their toll big time, lives torn apart......... I consider myself extremely lucky that we were not directly affected.

I know people here who lost a lifetime of posessions and memories...........do they want to be in a warm and cosy caravan????????? I think not :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Sorry if it came out the wrong way. I was'nt demeaning the flood story, it was the way he was adding drama to the story by giving the impression that living in a caravan was cold and horrible.

ken

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sorry if it came out the wrong way. I was'nt demeaning the flood story, it was the way he was adding drama to the story by giving the impression that living in a caravan was cold and horrible.

ken

Hi Ken join the club I am always putting my foot in it with meaning too:Doh::winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
There are a great many statics still in people's gardens here in Moreton....the floods took their toll big time, lives torn apart......... I consider myself extremely lucky that we were not directly affected.

I know people here who lost a lifetime of posessions and memories...........do they want to be in a warm and cosy caravan????????? I think not :Angry:

Ahhh, now I know. I went to Moreton last week and stayed at the CC site. When I walked in to town I saw a couple of bungalows with big statics on the front lawn fully fitted out. I thought such a bad place for a holliday let:Doh:

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
Hi Ken join the club I am always putting my foot in it with meaning too:Doh::winky:

It's called FOOT IN MOUTH disease, when spoken, so perhaps FOOT IN FINGER disease on here.:Doh::Eeek:

Sympathy from one sufferer to another.

Regards Geoff.

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hello
Just back from Yorkshire and still a lot of folk in temporary caravan accomaation in their front gardens between Aldbrough & Hull.

otorhomer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back