Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hmm, not sure. Just read the test of the six-berth overcab in this month's MMM and, as usual, there are some bits I quite like and others I don't. The Alu-Tec thingy makes it look a bit blocky and ugly, particularly from the rear, but I like the sound of GRP skins on the outside and inside of the walls.

The layout is my preference - front dinette, rear lounge with enough space for two singles or one giant double. The trouble is that they've put the little TV chest-cum-space-for resting cups of tea, pints of beer, glasses of wine etc up front near the dinnette - there's no flat space to put anything down in the rear. How about one of your very convenient caravan-style chests of drawers in the back, Mr Bailey?

Kitchen and washroom both look fine, but overall, when, oh when, is one manufacturer going to break away from the current fashion for neutral (ie bland, boring and impractical) colours for the interior fabrics? That, alone, is enough to put me off buying this or any other new motorhome with similar variations on the beige/cream/light brown theme.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Mike
I suggest you check out Bailey's web site!

We were looking at it only yesterday and there is an option for a chest of drawers at the rear of the 6 berth.

I would also think that as the model develops that there will be choices of colours fabrics ect for the interiors, after all Bailey have been in the caravan market over fifty years, so probably have some idea of what sells and doesn't!

Personally I think that single colour upholstery as found on some high class German vans can be a bit overwhelming whether it be beige, or octarine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
There's a test in this month's Caravan Club magazine.

Our opinion is that they are very conservatively copying all the other UK manufacturers and there is nothing to persuade an owner of a continental van to swap allegiances, which is a shame.:Sad:

We would love to buy a British mh, but nobody makes one fit for purpose.

Last edited:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
There's a test in this month's Caravan Club magazine.

Our opinion is that they are very conservatively copying all the other UK manufacturers and there is nothing to persuade an owner of a continental van to swap allegiances, which is a shame.:Sad:

We would love to buy a British mh, but nobody makes one fit for purpose.
Would agree 100% we made the mistake in Jan this year and bought uk,changing back tomorrow to euro quality.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
nothing in the euro range would get me to change from my American RV

having proper house fittings in bath room and kitchen is better than the light weight plastics in the euro`s

every thing in i compact 25 foot and an engine that will pull it along at proper speed up hilll and down dale

all for less than £30K

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
if you want to no what they are like to own ask Teasy2007 they have one .they are in spain for two months but ginney comes on fun most days

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if you want to no what they are like to own ask Teasy2007 they have one .they are in spain for two months but ginney comes on fun most days
teasy2007 have a bentley aulten not a bailey.
bailey motorhomes have not been launched yet,but if they are anything like bailey caravans they should be well built:thumb:
my last caravan was a bailey and i aint got a bad word to say about it:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back