Ski slopes to open 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Not as much as the VDE Leissieres chair over to Le Fornet!
I just did a quick google and I've been on that one. I don't mind chairlifts, its when your in basically a crowded bus hanging from a cable and it goes over that pylon and starts to drop that my stomach complains :sick:

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
I hadn't noticed this line before:
Failure to carry snow chains in your trunk or to install winter tyres in your vehicle in the departments concerned will not be punished this winter.
Need to be careful - it may not be punished, but the gendarmerie may well pull you over and refuse to let you carry on if they think thereā€™s a chance of you getting stuck. They run regular roadblocks at the bottom of the hills and will be on the lookout for GB vehicles especially

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
Can I just ask for clarity, sorry my French isn't good.
I think you say above that there are 2 options.

First - Normal(Summer) tires plus min of 2 drive wheel snow chains.
Second - Winter tires on all 4 wheels

As someone with 4 new summer tires(delivered on a new MH) it would be great if the first option is true.

If the first options isn't available, do people hold 2 sets of tires, summer and winter. Or do people fit the 3PMSF for all year use?

Thanks
Thanks, checked as you suggested, and good to go

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not as much as the VDE Leissieres chair over to Le Fornet!
Iā€™ve been skiing with a novice skier and stayed with her to get her off the mountain at the end of the day.

The last & only run down to the resort was one she felt unable to do, so we took a chairlift down.
That direction changes how scary the drop looks compared to going up šŸ‘€šŸ¤Ŗ

Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Caravanned for 30 years, nearly two years in with the motorhome.
Morning,

Hopefully we are away to La Plagne over New Year. Reading up on what we need to be prepared for and have come across advice suggesting that the heated grey water tank will not be able to cope with the freezing temperatures and that we should just keep the valve open and a bucket below. Does anyone have any experience to share please?.
Thank you.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Morning,

Hopefully we are away to La Plagne over New Year. Reading up on what we need to be prepared for and have come across advice suggesting that the heated grey water tank will not be able to cope with the freezing temperatures and that we should just keep the valve open and a bucket below. Does anyone have any experience to share please?.
Thank you.
I would say if in doubt use the drain into bucket method. Even with double floored and/or heated tanks, the outlet can freeze, meaning you have to get down with a hair dryer or warm water to defrost it.

We try to make sure we empty mid to late afternoon before the temperature starts to drop again. Unless the weather is really extreme this method works for us. If you leave a bucket full of waste overnight you just end up with a giant ice block to get rid of, which is not always easy.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
La plagne is fairly high and will be cold in January. If your tank is well insulated and heated it might be ok but the outlet is definitely a potential problem as mentioned above. Ours froze solid and we ended up using a bowl in the sink to catch most of the waste.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go! Bring on the slipping and sliding.
20211125_153144.jpg
20211125_152216.jpg
20211125_152210.jpg

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
See you January, going to Spain for Christmas then back to Montgenevre, skiing stuff on board , canā€™t wait šŸ˜› I will check if you need any supplies bring up the mountain x
We are planning on being here until the end of January, then going to Spain. Thanks for the offer of supplies, I am sure there will be something.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
My daughter has just had her trip to Canada cancelled (by the agents) due to covid issues inc the requirement for under 11's to be vaccinated!

i have just shown her the photos of Montgenevre and she has quickly checked the location AND is considering it as an option, but can anyone recommend somewhere a little closer - there will be two families of 3 and 4 persons - ages of children will be 4, 6 and 11 (plus the four adults)

i dont think my daughter would go for the motorhome option just yet (age of children) but their friends are a lot more open to it (plus its their own motorhome !!!)

Thanks in anticipation ..

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Given the latest Covid variant headlines what's the chances of further lockdowns at Ski resorts over the next couple of months?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Given the latest Covid variant headlines what's the chances of further lockdowns at Ski resorts over the next couple of months?
JFF, I say apply the lockdown NOW, get it all sorted.
But I ski in Les Arc mid/late March so have a bias/agenda :roflmto:

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
ā€œThe 250 French ski areas now have a clear roadmap for opening and welcoming ski enthusiasts and holidaymakers who are looking forward to enjoying snow activities,ā€ a statement from trade body The French Ski Areas Association states.
The key rules are:

• Masks must be worn by everyone from the age of 11 on all ski lifts except drag lifts/conveyors and in lift queues. Masks are also recommended for children aged 6 to 11 but not compulsory.
  • Masks must normally be ā€œsurgical qualityā€ (AFNOR SPEC S76-001 certification). Cloth masks and Buff style are NOT normally acceptable unless especially adapted to this surgical standard. However wearing a mask is not required when actually skiing or snowboarding.
  • Social distancing and one-way systems must be respected, lift operators will make hand sanitizer available which should be used.
  • The French Health Pass will be required to use the lifts and go on the slopes if case numbers in France exceed 200 cases per 100,000 inhabitants. In that case The Health Pass will become compulsory from the age of 12, in addition to wearing a mask. If this happens the French government will announce the change on the Tuesday before it comes into force for the following Saturday. The Health Pass is equivalent to the NHS coronavirus passport. If cases do not go above 200 cases per 100,000 inhabitants it will not be required to show the pass.
Last ski season the countryā€™s ski resorts could open to tourists, but lifts were not allowed to operate.

Several French resorts including Montgenevre, Tignes and Val Thorens have already opened for the 21-22 season with the rest planning to open over the next four weekends.

Porte Puymorens has also become the first ski area to open in the Pyrenees .

Chamonix, Les 2 Alpes and Val dā€™Isere are among areas expected to open for their 21-22 ski seasons this coming weekend.
images

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sandra, you need to message nikki and demand we come between Christmas and New year...
I definitely will, when we have a better picture of the new covid scare. No point coming out if it is all going to shut down.

Would be great skiing with you again though. Colin loved it last time.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
My daughter has just had her trip to Canada cancelled (by the agents) due to covid issues inc the requirement for under 11's to be vaccinated!

i have just shown her the photos of Montgenevre and she has quickly checked the location AND is considering it as an option, but can anyone recommend somewhere a little closer - there will be two families of 3 and 4 persons - ages of children will be 4, 6 and 11 (plus the four adults)

i dont think my daughter would go for the motorhome option just yet (age of children) but their friends are a lot more open to it (plus its their own motorhome !!!)

Thanks in anticipation ..
I don't personally know many ski places that might be better than here. haganap is probably best to advise, he knows more ski resorts than I do.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Now, following the detection of new Omicron cases, travellers from Britain, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Egypt and Malawi will need to present a negative COVID-19 test and quarantine for ten days as well, the Federal Office of Public Health said in a tweet.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016

Now, following the detection of new Omicron cases, travellers from Britain, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Egypt and Malawi will need to present a negative COVID-19 test and quarantine for ten days as well, the Federal Office of Public Health said in a tweet.
Yes, I was due to go out on the 12th for a few days in Villars but thats probably not going to happen now. šŸ„ŗ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back