Met funsters whilst in France (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just back from touring around Northern France, Normandy, and a bit of the Loire, we had intended to tour Poitier and Bordeux but folk were returning saying how bad the weather was down in that area so stayed where we were and had glorious weather except for the day we visited Mont St Michel where the thundering n Lightening and torrential rain curtailed our walk about there. We did manage to clock up about 1000 miles there with no toll roads, n no sites booked , the aires etc were full by evening but we had no problems

We met Funters Rob n Sue (Rob Kinnear) at St Valery en Caux and then at Honfleur, where we also met Joan and Michael who have partied before with the funsters (Penelope Pitstop and others) and now funsters Brian and Jan (Allegro83) We had a lovely afternoon with Pimm's o'clock alas Rob n Sue had moved on then

We had a great time, saw some awesome places and met lovely folk along the way :thumb::thumb:

Have added two pics ...one of Sue helping to keep the surprise decs on a van which was next to us and they kept falling off

The other is of Joan n Michael on the left and Brian n Jan on the right

We cant wait until we are able to do this again :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• France sept 2011 040.jpg
    France sept 2011 040.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 64
  • France sept 2011 048.jpg
    France sept 2011 048.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 69

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Just back from touring around Northern France, Normandy, and a bit of the Loire, we had intended to tour Poitier and Bordeux but folk were returning saying how bad the weather was down in that area so stayed where we were and had glorious weather except for the day we visited Mont St Michel where the thundering n Lightening and torrential rain curtailed our walk about there. We did manage to clock up about 1000 miles there with no toll roads, n no sites booked , the aires etc were full by evening but we had no problems

We met Funters Rob n Sue (Rob Kinnear) at St Valery en Caux and then at Honfleur, where we also met Joan and Michael who have partied before with the funsters (Penelope Pitstop and others) and now funsters Brian and Jan (Allegro83) We had a lovely afternoon with Pimm's o'clock alas Rob n Sue had moved on then

We had a great time, saw some awesome places and met lovely folk along the way :thumb::thumb:

Have added two pics ...one of Sue helping to keep the surprise decs on a van which was next to us and they kept falling off

The other is of Joan n Michael on the left and Brian n Jan on the right

We cant wait until we are able to do this again :thumb::thumb:

Ah yes!:Smile: Remember Joan and Michael well - that was the night in Roses that 11 of us partied and danced in a 5ver! October or November 2009 if I remember correctly - my liver is still recovering!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bumped into them at Newbury Show last year too!

Glad you had a good time Kath - you can't beat Mont St Michel in bad weather! Anyone can take photos of it in the sunshine!:winky::winky:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Ah yes!:Smile: Remember Joan and Michael well - that was the night in Roses that 11 of us partied and danced in a 5ver! October or November 2009 if I remember correctly - my liver is still recovering!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bumped into them at Newbury Show last year too!

Glad you had a good time Kath - you can't beat Mont St Michel in bad weather! Anyone can take photos of it in the sunshine!:winky::winky:

haha yes that is the time Marie, they said the same about their livers, they have a 5er and were on their way to Portugal for the winter said to say Hi to you both and the other funster's who partied the night away :thumb::thumb:

Have some wet pics of Mont St Michel but my upload button has run away from me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:- cant find it at the mo but will post them as soon as I find it lolol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ah yes!:Smile: Remember Joan and Michael well - that was the night in Roses that 11 of us partied and danced in a 5ver! October or November 2009 if I remember correctly

Knowing you as I do Mrs PP what you really mean is from October THROUGH TO November.

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Lovely photos Kath reminding us of Pimms time and if it works here's a photo with you on.

Jan

Attachments

• Pimms time.jpg
    Pimms time.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 29

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Knowing you as I do Mrs PP what you really mean is from October THROUGH TO November.

No Paul we only stayed 2 nights! Partied on the 2nd night! :Smile:
Hydecolt ( Anna and Colin) were there too with Ted and Heather (can't remember their FUN name :Eeek:) Also GIBLA59. So of the 11 partygoers 8 were Funsters!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See! I was sober enough to take photos!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• cshDSCF6537.jpg
    cshDSCF6537.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 30
  • cshDSCF6540.jpg
    cshDSCF6540.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
  • cshDSCF6585.jpg
    cshDSCF6585.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 29
  • cshDSCF6547.jpg
    cshDSCF6547.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 32

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi kath
We must have just missed you at some point, as we returned on sat morning and just sauntered around the north coast, we went as far as Fecamp, we also stayed on St Valery en Caux, weather not brilliant, sat & sun rained, but not too bad after that, only went for a chill out week so not a lot of driving.

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We did pop to the Auchen in the morning and moved to the front row (we were against the bank) but was back by 11am and sat out at the rear of our van

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back