P696D English instructions for IdsWITCH LMP1218-PWM Electronic Distribution Box & fitting a Van Bitz Battery Master (1 Viewer)

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
My new 2021 Pilote P696D has come with a IdsWITCH LMP1218-PWM Electronic Power Distribution Box but the instruction booklet is written in French.
I want to install a Van Bitz ‘Battery Master’ as the vehicle Battery is continually losing charge?
I just want to identify the correct connections before installing the Battery Master.
I’ve tried searching the internet but can only find the French instructions.
Has anyone installed a Van Bitz Battery Master in a P696D & if so do they have any tips?

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, I thought Pilote had sorted this problem out on the 2021 model vans . I have a 2020 model and had a similar problem which the dealer is rectifying , under warranty, by fitting a Battery Master FOC. You shouldn't have to sort this out yourself get your dealer to do it for you.

Patrick

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My French isn't up to much, but p.7 of the manual suggests that the terminal labelled 5 on that page is a connection from the starter battery & terminal 6 is the leisure battery. You can connect the red & brown Battery Master wires to these two & the black wire to any GND terminal.

If you have a multimeter, the Battery Master instructions tell you how to check that the above assumptions are correct.

OP
OP
R

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
Cool, I had a brief look at the IdsWITCH today & came to the same opinion regarding where both battery positives are located but I was unable to identify the main incoming GND (just to ensure a good connection really) as there are numerous ancillary GND’s. Thanks for the response, it confirms I was correct in my findings.👍😉

Nov 21, 2021
Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G690D
Exp
Since 2020
Cool, I had a brief look at the IdsWITCH today & came to the same opinion regarding where both battery positives are located but I was unable to identify the main incoming GND (just to ensure a good connection really) as there are numerous ancillary GND’s. Thanks for the response, it confirms I was correct in my findings.👍😉
Hi Riftzoner, I have a 2021 Pilote G690D that is losing van battery charge. Did you sort your problem by fitting a Battery Master?
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
I can confirm that the Battery Master appears to have sorted the problem though I haven’t been through a winter with it yet🤔

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
BobRivers has posted an English version of the LMP1218-PWM manual, in another thread, post #13:

Nov 21, 2021
Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G690D
Exp
Since 2020
BobRivers has posted an English version of the LMP1218-PWM manual, in another thread, post #13:
Thank you

OP
OP
R

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
Thanks, did you make the connections as previously discussed? I also have idswitch LMP1218-PWM.
My Battery Master was fitted by Hayes Leisure who installed it next to the Redarc B2B unit which is located to the rear of the drivers seat base behind the plastic cover. I’ll post a photo when I get a chance.

Nov 21, 2021
Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G690D
Exp
Since 2020
My Battery Master was fitted by Hayes Leisure who installed it next to the Redarc B2B unit which is located to the rear of the drivers seat base behind the plastic cover. I’ll post a photo when I get a chance.
A photo showing connections would be great. I have purchased a battery master from the fun shop, so any fitting advise while I’m waiting for delivery would be appreciated.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi i have a 21 plate which also looses charge , did you manage to take photo of B2B location so i can check if mines is the same, cos the wires under side seat are like coloured spaghetti i wouldn't like to chance fitting one with that mess.

OP
OP
R

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
My new 2021 Pilote P696D has come with a IdsWITCH LMP1218-PWM Electronic Power Distribution Box but the instruction booklet is written in French.
I want to install a Van Bitz ‘Battery Master’ as the vehicle Battery is continually losing charge?
I just want to identify the correct connections before installing the Battery Master.
I’ve tried searching the internet but can only find the French instructions.
Has anyone installed a Van Bitz Battery Master in a P696D & if so do they have any tips?
20220109_112803.jpg
20220109_112644.jpg

OP
OP
R

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
Basically it looks like the dealer has broken into the two main fused feeds - one for the vehicle battery & one for the leisure battery with the last black lead connected to a Ground lead. The main fuses on my Pilote P696D Evidence are located under the drivers seat base (RHD) plastic panel to the rear of the seat. Lo & behold the Redarc booster is also located there & is flashing away but on which cycle I haven't a clue🤔 as I was advised by the dealer it was disconnected at Fiats request because it adversely effects the Eco function? Getting back to the battery master, the install quality looks a bit iffy, so I intend to tidy it up but essentially both positive leads from the Battery Master come fitted with a fuse carrier & where the dealer has broken into the original cable they've either attached a 'Wagoo' connect or soldered & taped a fly lead to get it to reach the Wagoo. Nothing too complicated. If you've never heard of a Wagoo before it's basically a push fit electrical connecting block. They've good if you use them wire appropriate cable, normally solid core. I hope this helps as to be honest the wiring looked like a rats nest but pretty straight forward once you've figured out which fuse is for which battery. Good luck
16417311701453620577967024049654.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back