Navara/Dream Seeker Air Bag assist. (1 Viewer)

cotajokial

Free Member
Sep 6, 2011
Dunstable
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Would anybody be kind enough to advise the best pressure for Ride-Rite air bag assist as fitted to Nissan Navara towing Dream seeker?

Also anybody know a way of stopping the loud squeaking from the wear plate fitted to Dream Seeker pin box.

Many Thanks.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Im hauling a Kountrylite at 3660KG and run at about 2.5 bar. A couple of mates with similar set ups run at 2 bar. Too high will make for a harsh ride. Too soft and you Nav will be on the stops...........and God knows Navs seem to "sit down" as it is!

Wear plates will stop the squeeking. Calder sell them, you could ask 5th wheel co or ABP.
Personally, I've found Holts motorbike chain grease to be fantastic. Cheap as chips and easy to spray on. IMHO, the "propper" pin box greases are way overpriced for what they are.

OP
OP
C

cotajokial

Free Member
Sep 6, 2011
Dunstable
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Thanks Zaskar,
I forgot to ask also if 2 to 2.5 bar loaded or not? I had about 10psi so I have now put up to 30psi.
I will let you know if better, as away this weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks Zaskar,
I forgot to ask also if 2 to 2.5 bar loaded or not? I had about 10psi so I have now put up to 30psi.
I will let you know if better, as away this weekend.

I run 2.5 bar LOADED.:thumb:
When unloaded, always, always keep at least 1/2 bar in the bags (I run at 1 bar unloaded) otherwise you can cause serious damage to the bags due to "pinching" when the bags are flat.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back