What bad manners! (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I booked a CL yesterday to break our journey when we go up/down to Scotland for New Year.

Lovely chap to deal with and all booked, but at the end of the conversation he said "will you please either turn up or phone us to cancel". I replied of course of would..If we couldnt make it, we would always ring to advise and cancel. He said thanks as so many people do not.. He then went on to ask me where we were coming from (Thanet in our case), he said - " am not just saying this, but in their experience, about 75% of no shows were from those the south....."

In fact he had one chap turn up and when they were chatting the chap said..."I book 3, sometimes 4 different CL's on our route if we are on a long journey and then decide how we are feeling on the journey and pull into the one nearest to us." I was gobsmacked when he said this. I would never dream of being so selfish.

Am amazed at some peoples attitude/behaviour.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Jim gets loads of no shows, shocking how selfish people have become.

Our car towing electrics failed one year the morning we were leaving for Cornwall, I felt a right twit but still left them an answer phone message we wouldn't make it.

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
I am not supporting this; however we are unable to control others and without others extraordenary behaviour (in our opinions) this forum would not have so much fun stuff to chat about. A lot of the fun here is that we are all different.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I'm not surprised at all, I have worked with the public most of my working life and found 98% as good as their word, however this seems to be not the case these days, Our Grandaughter uses Air B&B often and frequently books a number of destinations and thinks this is perfectly acceptable. On the other hand Our Daughter runs a B&B guest house and whilst most of her clients are repeats she does have some no shows mostly if they book via Booking.com.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
We have in the past, gone to the wrong site and on one occasion the booked site told us this happened often.

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
I struggle to get cl /sites and it’s likely due to selfish people who have zero manners and recognition that this booking is someone’s livelihood. Interestingly probably the same people who moan if a heating engineer is late for them. Sadly the world seems to be growing self entitled thinking and people who believe the world revolves around them and their needs.

I call to say if I’m running late if snarled up in traffic, as this is respectful communication.

I don’t like people who grab for themselves and disregard other people… my grandparents came from a time when everyone helped each other and you always used manners. Thankfully this was passed down to me

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
With park4night and search for sites, and various others there is just no need to book anything there will always be something available.
Given the time of the year, the potential for dodgy weather, need for hardstanding, proximity to main route etc., we want the comfort of having a booking

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
Yesterday we had a situation where we were waiting for a time sensitive delivery to a parcel delivery pick up box some 10 miles from our home. SWIMBO received a phone call from the delivery man to say all the boxes were full and he could not deliver, "were we close by he asked" yes said SWIMBO and the man agreed to wait for us by the delivery boxes.

Now this delivery driver was most likely on a very tight schedule, however he made the effort to telephone and wait 20 minuets for us to arrive. There are many good people out there.

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
no shows mostly if they book via Booking.com.
I used to own an aparment block that I holiday let, I refused to use Booking.com, they take enormous fees, and bookings are only paid if the client turns up. Very nice for the client who can book 10 places to stay along their route but for us its a non starter. With Airbnb we always took 50% deposit upon booking and 50% paid 8 weeks before arrival. We were always full.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I booked a CL yesterday to break our journey when we go up/down to Scotland for New Year.

Lovely chap to deal with and all booked, but at the end of the conversation he said "will you please either turn up or phone us to cancel". I replied of course of would..If we couldnt make it, we would always ring to advise and cancel. He said thanks as so many people do not.. He then went on to ask me where we were coming from (Thanet in our case), he said - " am not just saying this, but in their experience, about 75% of no shows were from those the south....."

In fact he had one chap turn up and when they were chatting the chap said..."I book 3, sometimes 4 different CL's on our route if we are on a long journey and then decide how we are feeling on the journey and pull into the one nearest to us." I was gobsmacked when he said this. I would never dream of being so selfish.

Had that before when I’ve had to cancel a site they very much appreciate the call, same as restaurants.
Had a email for renewing my C&MH club, will not be bothering as all the idiots block booking dates just on the off chance they might go away somewhere might change my mind if they start charging deposits.
Checked loads of sites a week ago and 90% were full some right up until next May/June🙁🙁

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I’m not surprised at all. DNA rates for hospitals on average for 2018/2019 were 8%, this was a drop from 8.4% the previous year. The Whittington hospital in London, had 1 in 5, it was the third worst in England!! It caught my eye because I did some bits of my training there as a medical student.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back