I now understand why some motorbikes have louder exhausts! (1 Viewer)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Yeah, i see it all the time, same as drivers pulling out that dont see me.
BUT...he was being a bit of a dick, and some of his "revs" and "pops" could have caused worse accidents scaring the folk when no need.
and his riding isnt the best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
That's London, or most city, dwellers for you. Years ago the firm I drove for had Volvo tractor units with a lit sign over the windscreen, giving the company's name. There were quite a few occasions of people stepping in front of the truck at bus stops trying to stop me.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Why not just fit a decent (loud) horn though, just revving a bike engine isn't the way to do it.

I fitted Fiamm twin tone horns to my GS, never had a pedestrian get in my way when commuting through London.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I have been watching RJ for a while. He always rides responsibly,and with the loud exhaust on his bike it beggars belief how people still cannot hear or see him coming.
For those of you who say hes riding badly,I think they would walk out in front of him if he was in any vehicle not just a motorbike.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I use air horns if I even think they might be sleeping./listening to music/on the phone/not paying attention/etc.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Only one way that video exhaust sound would be true to life and that would be to have a separate mic very close to the outlet of it. I’ve ridden a very rorty V Twin with open pipes and the GoPro was picking up more of the engine sound than exhaust noise. He’s edited the soundtrack ‘for effect’.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This will be par for the course for seasoned bikers but I was amazed at just how many people don't look or don't see a flippin big motorbike approaching!

8:30 - gets parent of the year award.

Loud exhausts save lives it’s a well known fact 😉

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Having ridden motorcycles for over 50 years I, for one, would venture the invention and marketing of cars with "SIPS" (Side Impact Protection Systems) was a huge setback for mototcycling safety. IMO it led to an increased feeling of invulnerability to drivers, in turn leading directly to them paying less attention to sideways approaching vehicles.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I like the oriental lady at about 1.35 , she stops and nearly steps back into another bike with out looking.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Hmm! Where a pedestrian has made a reasonable decision to cross the road - e.g. when they started there WAS NOT a loud bike or car in view - they have right of way.
Even before recent Highway Code changes.
There were a few in that video like that. Not many but a couple. :rofl:

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
I have riding bikes for 50 years, unfortunately I think this guy is riding like a prize idiot and perpetuating the myth that all motorcycle riders are the same, or is this just evidence of the aggressive riding or driving that is so prevalent now days?

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Fit a denali sound bomb , use the horn . Better and safer than faffing about revving the bollox off your bike.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, definitely some pedestrians that should have to take a walking test but, anyone who has watched his videos
, will know that he also has an aversion to speed limits and Highway Code advise at times.

That doesn’t make some of the pedestrian’s actions sensible but people who live in glass houses…….

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I am really struggling to understand why all those people want to walk out in front of moving traffic.
He does seem to attract the halfwits. He also does show the same incidents many times.
It’s quite possibly a city thing as riding around where I live I don’t remember having a pedestrian step out in front of me. I did watch it with the sound off as I don’t like loud pipes on any vehicle. If pedestrians are too stupid to look they’re probably also too stupid to hear.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back