Moroccan cops seize Scot caught with £500k of cannabis resin (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A SCOTTISH holidaymaker is being held in a hell-hole Moroccan jail after being caught in a camper van with £500,000 of hashish.
Daniel Healy, 66, was arrested last week as he tried to drive across the border from Morocco to the Spanish enclave of Ceuta.
The police discovered the 100kg stash of cannabis resin hidden in aluminium boxes stashed in a water tank.
Since then, Healy – who is from Glasgow – has spent six nights in the violent and cramped Tetouan prison.
Friend Graham Boszormenyi, 46, claimed that Healy was unaware of the hidden drugs.
Ex-Royal Navy submariner Graham said: “Daniel is a good friend of mine and I know that he had no knowledge of what he was carrying.

Full Story http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/09/18/moroccan-cops-seize-scot-caught-with-500k-of-cannabis-resin-86908-23429272/

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The police discovered the 100kg stash of cannabis resin hidden in aluminium boxes stashed in a water tank.

must have bought the van in morocco then, and not filled with water.:roflmto:

100kg in box's would just about fill the water tank.

or maybe Moroccan customs fancied his van and planted it there :Doh:

no sympathy with drug runners.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no sympathy with drug runners.

nor me John....

he obviously wasn't aware that the Moroccan border guards use sniffer dogs ..:Doh:

they went through my RV with the dog sniffing everwhere...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
reading through the actual report it appears he was an innocent 'mule' driving a spanish registered van but he'll still become someones 'bitch' for a few years.

his mate sounds a bit iffy though.....been through it twice before :Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
must have bought it at the wrong place . much less than that in the right places.
i agree with pappa . have seen the factories and been in them but dont use or bring any out. deserves all he gets . tetouan isnt that bad though. a friend got put in for being late leaving a couple of years ago we went in to visit him. no worse than portland or dartmoor.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Jim i saw this in the sunday mail it had a pic of the guy im sure it was roger aka wildman on here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
must have bought it at the wrong place . much less than that in the right places.
i agree with pappa . have seen the factories and been in them but dont use or bring any out. deserves all he gets . tetouan isnt that bad though. a friend got put in for being late leaving a couple of years ago we went in to visit him. no worse than portland or dartmoor.

A US state department report on Moroccan jail conditions said: “They generally did not meet international standards.
“Prisons were overcrowded, resulting in poor hygienic conditions and are
prone to violence.”

as a visitor you will only see the 'front office' Alan, not the true conditions.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
my mate did though. its very common though for false tanks and batteries. i dont even allow others to smoke it in mine .bad enough banging around with screw drivers as it is. now in tangiers they xray the vehicles . you have to drive through a kind of frame . they can even count the tins in your lockers . real fancy new port along from tangers totally new. mind the spanish can be t--ts either in ceuta or back on the mainland. never drive up the portugese border with spain in the night, very often they have searches along that route. keep you for hours .

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
travelling under a false name on a false passport, and he knew nothing about it. Do they think everyone is stupid? Deserves everything he gets.

Deleted User
A US state department report on Moroccan jail conditions said: “They generally did not meet international standards.
prone to violence.”

Not at all like US prisons then or Guantanamo !!

I remember a few years ago an 18 yr old English girl dragged into court in leg irons.

They call themselves civilised ??

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
prone to violence.”

as a visitor you will only see the 'front office' Alan, not the true conditions.

US State Dept did not make too many reports on their own Jail conditions IE: Guantanamo Bay I wonder why?

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
:thumb:
nor me John....

he obviously wasn't aware that the Moroccan border guards use sniffer dogs ..:Doh:

they went through my RV with the dog sniffing everwhere...
scat er scottish square sausages. diverts dogs away from hash stash . smokin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back