Free Member
Sep 3, 2011
S.Wales
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 645
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, we have just bought our first Motorhome and on its first trip out we ended up being towed to the services and spending the fisrt night in the services car park, kid and wife were not happy:cry:. Anyway the problem was the alternator and we had it replaced but as the battery was dissconected we lost the radio code, can anyone help. Has anyone been in the same situation that may know the radio code (please).

Motorhome - Swift Kontiki 645, FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD, 2005.

Thank you for reading our message,:thumb:

Rob and Amanda.:winky:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi all, we have just bought our first Motorhome and on its first trip out we ended up being towed to the services and spending the fisrt night in the services car park, kid and wife were not happy:cry:. Anyway the problem was the alternator and we had it replaced but as the battery was dissconected we lost the radio code, can anyone help. Has anyone been in the same situation that may know the radio code (please).

Motorhome - Swift Kontiki 645, FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD, 2005.

Thank you for reading our message,:thumb:

Rob and Amanda.:winky:

Did you get any manuals with the vehicle? theres a good chance the code may be on a credit card sized card in one of the pockets within the handbook, if not you can get the radio unlocked at a radio fitter shop.

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi Rob I know this might sound obvious but Look in your hand book there should be a code there some where if not it is possible to have the radio code changed look in local yellow pages. I can see you are South Wales I am pretty sure there is someone in Swansea (uplands car radio) I think.
In france now but I will look next week if you have not had any luck.

All the best
Rob and Sue
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to the madhouse :thumb:

best bet is call into your fiat dealer and they should be able to give you the code in exchange for your reg number.
take your log book as proof of ownership though.
all the above is only valid if its the original factory fitted radio.

if they want their palm crossed with silver to do it then search the web for free radio unlock codes, you usually need the radio's make and serial number off the rear panel for this service...be aware that many so called 'free sites' do make a charge though....just free to register.

if you get really stuck i have a contact for a forum based code suppier who doesnt charge at all but may take a few days to get the code.
he supplies the code via forum replies only but is safe as the code is of no use to anyone else.

could take me a while to find the forum details as its on an old laptop somewhere.....if its still on it :Doh:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Rob
Good sugestions already:thumb::thumb:, but if none work:cry:, try Lidl/Aldi Argos etc:thumb:, I bought one for about £40.00 might save a lot of bother then you will have the code for the new one:thumb:. Pete

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Rob
Good sugestions already:thumb::thumb:, but if none work:cry:, try Lidl/Aldi Argos etc:thumb:, I bought one for about £40.00 might save a lot of bother then you will have the code for the new one:thumb:. Pete

I bought a Kenwood head (radio console) to solve 2 problems, first the radio kept cutting out every 20 minutes when parked and secondly, with the Kenwood head I could plug my Ipod in and listen to music of my choice, the cost of replacing the radio is offset by the cost of having the unit unlocked.

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Hi Rob I know this might sound obvious but Look in your hand book there should be a code there some where if not it is possible to have the radio code changed look in local yellow pages. I can see you are South Wales I am pretty sure there is someone in Swansea (uplands car radio) I think.
In france now but I will look next week if you have not had any luck.

All the best
Rob and Sue
:thumb:

I think you will find uplands car radio have moved out of Swansea, they have showrooms in cardiff and bristol, last time I contacted them 2 years ago they did have a mobile service

Nick

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi and :welcomefunster:,
all the above are possibilities but one other idea which I have found sucessful is to contact the dealer who originally supplied the van when new (if you know it) ...they should have a record on file.
Good luck

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
go oline

google "car radio code" and get it online. it cost me £10 but i hd the code emailed to me in minutes. dead easy.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
As has already been said, start off with the manuals and handbooks. Even just look for 4 or 5 numbers hand written on the inside of one. Then try a dealer. Then try online but beware that people may charge and that not all radio codes are obtainable.

I bought a Kenwood head (radio console) to solve 2 problems, first the radio kept cutting out every 20 minutes when parked....
That's a feature to stop the battery going flat. It may be possible to change the setting.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
As has already been said, start off with the manuals and handbooks. Even just look for 4 or 5 numbers hand written on the inside of one. Then try a dealer. Then try online but beware that people may charge and that not all radio codes are obtainable.

[HI]That's a feature to stop the battery going flat. It may be possible to change the setting[/HI].

Hi Bob,
It's not possible to change that setting, when I fitted my new radio I ran a lead from the leisure battery side to a three way switch I fitted in the dashboard, position 1 fed from leisure, position 2 off, position 3 fed from ignition, now when I'm parked up sunbathing (ha ha) I dont have to keep climbing in to turn the redio on again.:thumb:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
I think you will find uplands car radio have moved out of Swansea, they have showrooms in cardiff and bristol, last time I contacted them 2 years ago they did have a mobile service

Nick

Hi Nick that shows how much I know :thumb:

OP
OP
V

Vantan

Free Member
Sep 3, 2011
S.Wales
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 645
Exp
I'm a newbie
Code problem sorted.

Thank you all for your threads regarding our problem with the missing code on the van radio. As some of you suggested after going through all my paperwork that came with the van, I found a little piece of paper with "may need this" and a four digit code:Blush:, entered it into the radio and Bobs your uncle we have the radio back:thumb:. Thanks for your help, my wife is talking to me again now, weather that’s a good thing I don’t know.:Smile:

All the best Rob and Amanda.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you all for your threads regarding our problem with the missing code on the van radio. As some of you suggested after going through all my paperwork that came with the van, I found a little piece of paper with "may need this" and a four digit code:Blush:, entered it into the radio and Bobs your uncle we have the radio back:thumb:. Thanks for your help, my wife is talking to me again now, weather that’s a good thing I don’t know.:Smile:

All the best Rob and Amanda.
what you need to do now is take an indelable marker pen and write the number somewhere out of sight on something unmoveable.

you can lose paper....you wont lose the underside of a drawer etc. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back