LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi..my big yellow box(site transformer) has died worked one minute gone the next
just blows the trip switch in the house what would coarse this to happen?:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
hi..my big yellow box(site transformer) has died worked one minute gone the next
just blows the trip switch in the house what would coarse this to happen?:Blush:

Hi Dave, bad luck, sounds like it's had it, the yellow box variety are not designed for continuous use, disconnect the 110v output to verify .. if duff consider replacing with a proper RV tranny from Link Removed

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Jim

We got this unit from Airlink - Link Removed

Looking at your link, is your product just the transformer "coil" without the metal box and fuse etc ?

If so, if ours was to fail at any time (hope not), can I just buy your version and swap the old coil for the new one.

Cheers
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

We got this unit from Airlink - Link Removed

Looking at your link, is your product just the transformer "coil" without the metal box and fuse etc ?

If so, if ours was to fail at any time (hope not), can I just buy your version and swap the old coil for the new one.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

I see no reason why not but if your tranny is rated correctly the likely hood of it failing is extremely remote.
The first signs of imminent failure is an increase in noise as the laminations start to vibrate.

I'm crossing my fingers, mine is a site tranny but no problems to date, if fails I will replace with an Airlink.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Dave

If you are going to go down the conversion route rather than buy another yellow box and you don't want to do the conversion yourself, have a chat with Dave Evans.....he knows his onions :winky: :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back