Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Doing a survey on how many motorhome funsters take a pet with them on their travels. Please feel free to answer , even if the answer is no.....

Shirl

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Doing a survey on how many motorhome funsters take a pet with them on their travels. Please feel free to answer , even if the answer is no.....

Shirl

Used to take two dogs lost them both know
but maybe Next year
Probably jack russel size
Dont tell mrs t though cause it would be tomorrow:Blush::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I started motorhoming because i had 2 great danes.

none now ex has one other passed away but reason for buying an RV.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
The 2 Yorkshire Terrorists accompany me everywhere. Often tempted to get a tiny 3rd as still missing the Ninja but not sure it'd be fair to these 2

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Got a West Highland Terrier, goes everywhere with us, boat and motorhome, took her to South of France for the summer last year but she didn't like the return injection so left her this year when we went, just as well as it was so very, very hot and we saw other dogs suffering.

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
The reason I am asking is that I am selling my motorhome (upgrading) and someone withdrew their bid as they had noticed that I had added that my dogs travel with me (allergic)....Struth the van is 20 yrs old, even if I had not any dogs , whats the chance a previous owner had dogs in it...I feel that I have commited a cardinal sin by having my best friends (the dugs) travel with me. I would have thought that having a motorhome is that you are able to take your pets with you....:Doh:

Shirl

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Yep,Tia our shar Pei comes with us all the time except abroad. She loves the lake district and the long walks this involves, though we have to watch her with the sheep obviously!

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
It wouldn't be the same without Jess to bring the mud in, fill the place with hairs and take up half of the bed :ROFLMAO: What would I do without her? :winky:

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
We take our lurcher Tilly with us, she's one of the reasons we got a motorhome.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
2 greyhounds accompany us.

its funny how dogs or smoking are taboo when it comes to sale time, always see adds with the statement no animals and non smokers, half of which im sure are not true but there you go, they want to make a sale so they pander to the fad of the day.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
our first two doggies (Jack Russels of course) Scamp & Bonny used to go all over with us, had caravans at the times. Both lived to the age of 15yrs before leaving for a better place in heaven.

Now Buddy our Russel Cross was 9 months old when we bought him, he had been very badly treated, locked up all day long with out food and little water. This we were told by the Rescue Kennels we bought him from, so you can imagine he had never been on a lead or for that matter seen the outside world.:Angry:

After spending a great deal on trying to train him we were eventually told that it would take a very long time and that we were wasting our money!!!

We have had him seven years and although he is perfect in the home and loves to play with our kids thats as far as it goes. Roger takes him for walks daily around midnight as he is murder if you come across people or animals.

So he goes to Kennels run by a friend and he is very happy to go there as they treat him like royalty and he has his walks alone lol, don't think either we or anyone else could stand the constant barking when he is in the van :Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we take Toby our JRT with us in the uk but dont take him abroad as he doesn't bark in french so would have no friends:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and it would be to warm for him

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We take Jess our rescue terrier with us everywhere in the van- she even has her own passport for European trips. Boy did she land on her feet when she found us:thumb:

Daisy21

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Bought my last campervan so that I could holiday with my dog. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago but we did a lot of travelling together when he was alive.

Unable to have another dog as my daughter has developed severe allergy to dog saliva (which is what people are generally allergic to with dogs rather than the hair) even though she lived with mine until she was 7mths old. So when we were changing van recently I did have to take dog allergy into consideration. I suspect there have been pets in the van I bought as I've found a couple of pet like hairs coming through the air vents :RollEyes: However also appreciate that lots of people travel with dogs so decided ideal van was 1st priority. The dealership I bought from does a pretty good valet on their vehicles and all the (removable) carpets are wet cleaned when they get them and then covered with sticky plastic until sold. First thing I did when I got it home (without my daughter in there) was thoroughly hoover everything...cushions, floors, curtains etc. Then wiped down all the hard surfaces with detol wipes. Touch wood she seems to be fine in there except I think possibly the air vent system is affecting her a bit, but that could simply be dust, pollen etc. So depending on how severe the person's allergy is, it should be possible to do a good damage limitation exercise. However it is worth noting that dog allergen can remain years after a dog isn't present....which is why people often find their allergy doesn't improve when they rehome the family pet on discovering they have a dog allergy! So as Mum to an allergy sufferer I can understand a potential buyer's concern if they have an allergy, and I hadn't appreciated how much of a nightmare allergies could be until I had my daughter....but I'm sure lots of m/h purchasers don't have dog allergies so shouldn't stop you managing to sell :Smile:

Daisy2

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Always take our 2 cats when we travel in this country, but not when we travel abroad as we are not prepared to pay for pet passports. They both love coming with us and love chilling out, getting on in age now as they are 15 but much prefer to be with us.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Our Toby goes everywhere we go in the motorhome, even got his pet passport, took him to France at end of May and again this friday, would'nt be without him

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:Eeek: nemo and milo our jackawowwers go away all the time ,france spain italy holland ect ect ,,as a rule twice a month to france, id be lost with out them sun bathing on the dash while i drive ....:Eeek:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Our Jack Russel (Rosie) goes on our travels with us :thumb:, even though she hates the travelling. She loves the final destination, but starts to fret when I start the MH :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
My pointer is never more than a whistle from me unless I am in a shop

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Always travel with two poodles, don't know who enjoys our trips most.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
2 dogs and 2 cats travel to and from France to UK with me, and will continue to travel in motorhome (when I can just find the right one!!!)
Spent hours today at a Foire Expo in Perigueux, looking at m/homes with a view to animals travelling in them. Bit daft, some may say, buy they are my family now so one goes, we all go.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I am taking 3 Bichon frise to France and Spain on Thursday for a month or more and my sister is taking 2 shih tsu's in her van.

Hope all the dogs get on ok cause I am sure the humans will have a few fall outs.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
fantastic comments everyone. I do understand that people have allergies, but it would have been sensible if the potential buyer had asked me before he put 2 bids on my motorhome if dogs had been in it.

Shirl

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
fantastic comments everyone. I do understand that people have allergies, but it would have been sensible if the potential buyer had asked me before he put 2 bids on my motorhome if dogs had been in it.

Shirl

Normally people say in advance that the item is from a smoke and pet free home for the noncy people around nowadays :winky:

I have never used that term ::bigsmile:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
We take our cross staffie every time we go away, she loves both the van and the car, I can open the front door of the house with her off the lead and say van or car, off she goes and sits by the right vehicle.

We bought a new car, Ok so she heard us talk about it, :roflmto: The car is 30 yards away from the house, yet when I said car off she went and sat by it, who says dog are not intelligent

Nick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back