Editing on this forum (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
I have just realised that, if you post here and then realise you want to edit within the allowed time, in the time you are editing others can quote your initial unedited post. If you miss out a ”not” or a prefix (as in the ”un” in unclear) one could start an unintended ”popcorn” debate!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
What you have to be really carefully of is posting an 'in joke' from one thread into another by mistake and offending 100's ......................oops :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think title edit is also on a timer you use the button to the right of the tile with three Dots and downward arrowhead🤔

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I think it would be a blessing if posters were to actually read their post before posting to check for content,, spelling etc. I realise many use a phone with predictive text but some posts are almost unintelligible at times. :giggle: If read before posting many of these problems could be rectified.
I do realise some are not too good with words but ......... :eek: :eek:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think it would be a blessing if posters were to actually read their post before posting to check for content,, spelling etc. I realise many use a phone with predictive text but some posts are almost unintelligible at times. :giggle: If read before posting many of these problems could be rectified.
Wouldn't help me I can never see the mistakes no matter how many times I read the post but see them immediately I've posted.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have just realised that, if you post here and then realise you want to edit within the allowed time, in the time you are editing others can quote your initial unedited post. If you miss out a ”not” or a prefix (as in the ”un” in unclear) one could start an unintended ”popcorn” debate!
What’s a popcorn debate? I don’t like popcorn so it may well go over my head.

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
glenn2926 sometimes it is a funsters pulling someone else chain (people have been banned for this); other times it is introducing a topic that is known to divide members (a bit like marmite) And then sit back and enjoy the “fun”
Waste water disposal, own toilet/shower or site facilities are just two.
Interestingly there are 30 pages of posts mentioning popcorn on the forum but in many the context is different.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Trick is to think before you post (y)
Or check what you wrote is the post you meant and is error free before hitting “Post reply” 😄

Edit. Hmm. Maybe you meant that. 😂 but briefer. :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Trick is to think before you post (y)
Trouble is what I think sometimes doesn't get transferred to my fingers correctly (touch typist)! 😄

One thing I have to watch our for is 'not' and 'now' as it can give the complete opposite of what I'm trying to say if I get it wrong! :doh:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Trouble is what I think sometimes doesn't get transferred to my fingers correctly (touch typist)! 😄

One thing I have to watch our for is 'not' and 'now' as it can give the complete opposite of what I'm trying to say if I get it wrong! :doh:
I know what you mean now, Mel, not what I thought, I think……errrrrr…….. ;)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I think it would be good to remember that some people are dyslexic and it very often doesn’t matter whether they have predictive text on or not! ;)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
And if you read my last line there would be no need for this comment :unsure:

Markpd

Free Member
Oct 15, 2022
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one
Old ish thread, but relevant.
I can't edit atm, is that because I'm a new member? If so, why doesn't it say in the FAQ or 'How to use the forum'? :p

PS I do proof read my posts, but similar to Lenny, despite that I often miss things!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I can't edit atm, is that because I'm a new member? If so, why doesn't it say in the FAQ or 'How to use the forum'? :p

PS I do proof read my posts, but similar to Lenny, despite that I often miss things!
Hello and welcome 👍🏻
Now join up as a full member and enjoy all the benefits this forum has to offer 👍🏻

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

Are you finding mistakes after about 20min? Posts are locked then.
Before then you can edit a post.
Edit: or editing could eve a premium feature like Swifter suggests yy

Markpd

Free Member
Oct 15, 2022
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one
I am unable to edit even immediately after posting :(
Do you know the page showing the differences between standard and premium features?
And do you have to pay for premium??😮

Thanks for the welcome Swifter :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back