Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
As is my luck some ******* (insert swear word of choice) in a tiny Nova van has just reversed into The Beast in and done this
IMG_6888.jpg
IMG_6887.jpg

Does it look patchable or do I dream of a new bumper? :thumb: I haven't even got 'home' yet and I'm having the day from hell.

If there are any stories on BBC Somerset about a red haired female threatening to rip a blokes bits off it wasn't me

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I got the impression he'd rather avoid the insurance and would just pay me for it. I could live with a patched bumper (and a new laptop) :ROFLMAO: How much is a bumper these days? Last time I had to look at such things it was for my VW Bug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I dont tink you will getting a new lap top any time soon :Doh:
The insurance loss adjuster will almost certainly only authorise a repair for such "Minor Damage"
Ask for the cost of a new one and the chaps going to tell you to go through his insurance (if he has any of course)
The job without looking at it in the flesh and assuming you have photgraphed the worst of it, is about £250 -£300 tops
What year is the M/Home
Geo

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The recent damage to my van was a heck of a lot worse than that. They 'repaired' it and you can't tell at all... it cost £600 but I had other quotes for repairing it up to £1,200. Just shows. Also in that quote for £600 was a completely new light unit for the front of the van.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I dont tink you will getting a new lap top any time soon :Doh:
The insurance loss adjuster will almost certainly only authorise a repair for such "Minor Damage"
Ask for the cost of a new one and the chaps going to tell you to go through his insurance (if he has any of course)
The job without looking at it in the flesh and assuming you have photgraphed the worst of it, is about £250 -£300 tops
What year is the M/Home
Geo

It's a 2000 Fiat Ducato. As soon as I get back to Hinckley I'll start asking around

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi, the damage can certainly be repaired.............my son had a 50mm hole punched in a Toyota bumper by some ar$e reversing his tow ball into it. I think the repairer was Chips Away but there are plenty of others and they will come to you. Just google plastic bumper repairs.
Hope this helps
Brian

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, the damage can certainly be repaired.............my son had a 50mm hole punched in a Toyota bumper by some ar$e reversing his tow ball into it. I think the repairer was Chips Away but there are plenty of others and they will come to you. Just google plastic bumper repairs.
Hope this helps
Brian

I second that, a new bumper you will have to wait a long time for anyway

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back