New battery (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I have a Numax 85 amp in my Van at the moment, there is not enough room for another, so was looking at this Link Removed

What do you guys think? any good, good value? etc etc??:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I have a Numax 85 amp in my Van at the moment, there is not enough room for another, so was looking at this Link Removed

What do you guys think? any good, good value? etc etc??:thumb:
cheap anough:thumb:but im cheap:RollEyes:,so this could be an intresting thread:RollEyes:
did you notice its collection only?

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
!!0 amp were £70 at Shepton this weekend which is as cheap as they come now.Bought 3 last week at £70 each after a lot of haggling but came with 2 year guarantee and the seller is on my doorstep if I have a problem.
With batteries its always best to pay a bit moor if the seller is close by. Guarantees are the next best thing to useless if you have to travel 200 miles to change a £70 battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Very interesting, I have just bought a 80 amp AGM Banner Battery as part of a trio (3 @ 80 amp) The main reason I chose this model as a replacement, was it sized in Amp wise with the present one;s and the only one I could source that fitted under the Drivers seat with restricted height.
The other two are GEL totally sealed, (AGM is a upgrade from GEL)
I bought this straight from the factory with a six year warranty for £150.
It replaces a Gel which was 9 years old.
Best Regards, Mac

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i believe AGM and GEL have different charging characteristics so you may have problems later with either the GEL or AGM failing early due to incorrect charging.

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi Pappa,

That's true, that's why I invested in a 'Stirling' charger' a while ago, as you will know they are great on multible charging they regulate the charging to each battery as required by monitering in/out/put as required and in doing so protects each battery. Ithink that's why I got 9 years out of the one I replaced.
The way prices are rising for fuel I have set my stall out to try and be independant, using a decent inverter with solar powerI have not used site electrics for 15 yrs. Its called being 'Yorkshire'
Best Regards, Mac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back