Yet another one Autosleeper Executive Diesel 4 berth (1 Viewer)

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

Today's viewing is an Autosleeper Executive Diesel 4 berth. This has come up locally. Didn't realise buying a campervan/MH would be such a minefield! It's 1997 2.5 Peugeot 89,000 on the clock, 4 berth, usual appliances, awning, 14 stamps in service book, 4 previous owners, don't know if it's Turbo doesn't say on ad, 8 months MOT. Their asking price £10,500. Looks good condition on the pics. Going to see it this afternoon.

Would welcome any info or thoughts on the van and their asking price. Thanks

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
You only need this thread in one section otherwise you will struggle to keep up with the responses

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Demelza,If it is all OK that is a good price for the yr :thumb: they hold prices well :thumb: Don't forget to chip away at the price though.
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Demelza,
We have just sold out Autosleepers Executive 1998, 2.5 TD, fiamma canopy, top box and solar panel, fiamma bike rack, only 45,000 on the clock, in very good condition, with 6 months tax and full year MOT, we got £15,000, so at £10,000 you may have your self a bargain, check the tyres and how old the cam belt is.
We now have a Hymer 584, and love it

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Demelza,
We have just sold out Autosleepers Executive 1998, 2.5 TD, fiamma canopy, top box and solar panel, fiamma bike rack, only 45,000 on the clock, in very good condition, with 6 months tax and full year MOT, we got £15,000, so at £10,000 you may have your self a bargain, check the tyres and how old the cam belt is.
We now have a Hymer 584, and love it

Thanks for your response. Luckily we took a damp meter which went berserk on the floor near the door and in front of one of the side benches. He couldn't quite get the bed to pull out completely. Gas bottle cupboard was rusty and had holes and rust problems underneath. Back to the drawing board. again :(

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thanks for your response. Luckily we took a damp meter which went berserk on the floor near the door and in front of one of the side benches. He couldn't quite get the bed to pull out completely. Gas bottle cupboard was rusty and had holes and rust problems underneath. Back to the drawing board. again :(

Pity you did'nt have a look at ours, not a spot of rust on it, but then it's a long way from Cornwall!!
we travelled down to Eastbourne to buy ours, if it's what you want you have to do it

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Pity you did'nt have a look at ours, not a spot of rust on it, but then it's a long way from Cornwall!!
we travelled down to Eastbourne to buy ours, if it's what you want you have to do it

In the last couple of months we have travelled 100s of miles looking. We'll get there in the end :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Hi you do realize that the gas cupboard should have holes in it don't you ?The AS ex is a mono-cock body and as such only suffers from damp if there is a bad seal around windows etc, :winky:
terry

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
You only need this thread in one section otherwise you will struggle to keep up with the responses
Thanks for your advice. Though, hardly, only had a handful of repsonses :Smile:

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi you do realize that the gas cupboard should have holes in it don't you ?The AS ex is a mono-cock body and as such only suffers from damp if there is a bad seal around windows etc, :winky:
terry

These weren't holes that were meant to be there but rusted out damage. I've got a photo. The damp meter screamed on the carpet near the door and the fridge and sink area as well as further along the van. There was quite a bit of rust underneath the van too.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I wonder if the water came from the fridge --spillage or defrost.
Or a water leak under the sink?
To be on the carpet it is high up and away from the door was it the roof vent leaking all easy to repair.:Doh::ROFLMAO:
What did the owner say???

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Have you had a look in the ads on here, there were a couple of Auto-sleepers in there:winky::thumb:

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I wonder if the water came from the fridge --spillage or defrost.
Or a water leak under the sink?
To be on the carpet it is high up and away from the door was it the roof vent leaking all easy to repair.:Doh::ROFLMAO:
What did the owner say???

Yes, we wondered about water spillage. The seller didn't know. He was selling it for his mother and it hadn't been used for a while. He didn't know how to work any of the appliances until we showed him and he didn't know how to pull the bed out. TBH we are getting tired of people selling who seem to know less than us and we're novices! :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back