France for more than 90 days (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2012
Rowlands Castle
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Has anyone been able to work out how to travel in France for more than 90 days in a six month period? I understand you can apply for a tourist visa that allows you to stay for longer. If anyone has done this, how difficult was the process? Thank you in advance…

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Looks like you can apply but it does not count towards the 90 day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
I have been in touch with the TLScontact on this who run the application process in the UK. They will accept an application from a motorhomer, but they expect you to have a full itinerary, by which I would presume they mean booked campsites as well..... That rules most of us out I should imagine.
Here is the actual reply:

Dear Valued Customer,

In reply to your enquiry, please be kindly informed that should you wish to travel to the UK in a camping car, in order to prove your accommodation for motorhome you should provide:

1. Car rental agreement/ownership documents + car insurance;
  2. Log book;
  3. Driver’s license;
  4. Detailed travel plan along with a cover letter since the circumstances are a bit extraordinary.
Hope the above answers your question.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer support.

Best Regards,

TLScontact Team

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In reply to your enquiry, please be kindly informed that should you wish to travel to the UK in a camping car, in order to prove your accommodation for motorhome you should provide:
Why does it refer to travelling TO the UK?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Why does it refer to travelling TO the UK?
Since both spoken and written English regards 'different to' as the correct expression rather than the 'Old Rule' 'Different from; similar to', it is possible that a non native English speaker will confuse 'to' and 'from'

Steve

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Just remember to be in any one country for more than 183 youcouldbeclassed as a resident for tax purposes.
we are fortunate to have a holiday cottage inFrance so can give that as the address and the financial requirements can be lower as we will not have the anticipated costs of accommodation. Subject to circumstances we hope to be free to be able to apply and see what happens.it will also require a trip to the French embassy for an interview and to provide documentation.

OP
OP
S
Apr 5, 2012
Rowlands Castle
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I have been in touch with the TLScontact on this who run the application process in the UK. They will accept an application from a motorhomer, but they expect you to have a full itinerary, by which I would presume they mean booked campsites as well..... That rules most of us out I should imagine.
Here is the actual reply:

Dear Valued Customer,

1. Car rental agreement/ownership documents + car insurance;
  2. Log book;
  3. Driver’s license;
  4. Detailed travel plan along with a cover letter since the circumstances are a bit extraordinary.
Hope the above answers your question.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer support.

Best Regards,

TLScontact Team
Who are TLS ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The people that deal with the France Visas. Google them.
Aren't they just a company providing a service in order to help you get the paperwork sorted? Do you need to actually go through them? This is the 'official' site which the UK govt links to:

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Aren't they just a company providing a service in order to help you get the paperwork sorted? Do you need to actually go through them? This is the 'official' site which the UK govt links to:

And…. When you go through the application process they will send you to TLS.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Reminder : the French Consulate General London has outsourced the reception of visa applications to Broken Link Removed . Please note that appointments with TLScontact are free of charge - Be aware of fraudulent agencies/ websites promising earlier appointments for a fee.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Reminder : the French Consulate General London has outsourced the reception of visa applications to Broken Link Removed . Please note that appointments with TLScontact are free of charge - Be aware of fraudulent agencies/ websites promising earlier appointments for a fee.

Do TLS have a contract to issue the visas in all EU countries or only UK?

Geoff

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Do TLS have a contract to issue the visas in all EU countries or only UK?

Geoff
I don't know but there are links to them on the UK Gov visas and immigration pages .

Screenshot_20211020-135006-727.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back