ship inn sewerby / bridlington (1 Viewer)

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
hi had a ride out to the ship inn today was speaking to charlie (landlord)
got a bit of info and pictures if anybody interested

Attachments

• CIMG1852.jpg
    CIMG1852.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 95

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Was there 5 day bank holiday weekend. Very good we had 17 vans lol
Link Removed
Link Removed

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
he did mention that there was a rally there i wondered if it was a fun rally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Might well have been, only have to book well in advance. This one was Motorroamers

Our boss got £5.50 per night for us

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We had 2 sea fishing trips on the Yorkshire lass too £15 for 3 hrs including tackle and bait not that you need it for mackerel :ROFLMAO: I caught 21 first time out and won the day ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
£ 5-50 sounds good to me he quoted me £10

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Membership is for the Motorhome Stopover Club and it's £30 per annum

The Pub has joined this scheme and charges are £5 for club members or £10 non members.

It looks like a nice site, not just a pub car park, £5 sounds reasonable to me .. why is this a rip off ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Membership is for the Motorhome Stopover Club and it's £30 per annum

Are you sure Jim? I thought it was a member of the Practical Motorhome Nightstop scheme and was, thus, a properly exempted site (like a CL/CS) for up to 5 motorhomes. It's listed as that on the UK Motorhomes site.

As far as the cost goes, any CL/CS can charge what they like and £10 a night doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If the owner wants to give people a discount by charging £20 up front and then £5 a night that's up to him, I should have thought.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's not it's a great spot right on the walking cycling path to Brid . Road train too. Good value.
Market forces! value 10/10

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Are you sure Jim? I thought it was a member of the Practical Motorhome Nightstop scheme and was, thus, a properly exempted site (like a CL/CS) for up to 5 motorhomes. It's listed as that on the UK Motorhomes site.

As far as the cost goes, any CL/CS can charge what they like and £10 a night doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If the owner wants to give people a discount by charging £20 up front and then £5 a night that's up to him, I should have thought.

you could be right, I was just going by the link on the pub web site .. Link Removed

perhaps he has joined both ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
you could be right, I was just going by the link on the pub web site .. Link Removed

perhaps he has joined both ?

Possibly I suppose. I don't think the 1960 Act precludes multiple certification though I would be surprised if organisation B would agree to issue a certificate to a site already certificated by organisation A :Smile:

I don't know what the MCC/PMH would say if one of their certificated sites were also acting as an unlicensed caravan site :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Possibly I suppose. I don't think the 1960 Act precludes multiple certification though I would be surprised if organisation B would agree to issue a certificate to a site already certificated by organisation A :Smile:

I don't know what the MCC/PMH would say if one of their certificated sites were also acting as an unlicensed caravan site :Smile:

My understanding is you can only be a member of ONE organisation (that holds an exemption certificate ).

He is also listed in the Motorhome Stopovers but don't think they are certificated, so there is no conflict ..

The entry in the handbook

Landlord: Charlie Kilburn
Welcome to the Ship Inn Sewerby. In the Picturesque village of Sewerby on the cliff tops overlooking the bay between the
seaside town of Bridlington and fishing village of Flamborough. The Ship is a traditional family Pub with log fire in the bar and
large beer garden to the rear open from 11am we serve food daily from 12 noon. Now available our new 2008 summer Evening
Menu including our breakfast menu served between 9am and 11am weekends There's a large car park and children's play area
and Charlie, Louise and staff look forward to seeing you
Facilities
What length of vehicle can you have on-site? 35 feet
How many vehicles can you hold? 5
Is there easy access to the site?
yes
Do you have a freshwater tap outside?
yes
Do you have an accessible drain for grey
water?
yes
Do you have an accessible sewage manhole for
toilet waste?
no
Do you have an electric point for vans to
connect to?
no
Is your car park level?
yes
Would you allow extra nights?
yes
Are there any local shops?
no
Is there somewhere nearby for walking dogs?
yes

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
Do you have an accessible sewage manhole for
toilet waste?
no

there is a manhole cover what people use just at the bottom of the site he told me

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
he also told me that they had 17 vans there from motor roamers the other week

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sounds like Charlie boy is bending the rules .. :roflmto:

and good luck to him

His entry from Nightstops

The motorhome parking is on the pub car park.
Cost: £10 per night. Latest arrival: Daylight hours (phone first and check at bar before parking).
Water and toilet disposal available. 5 motorhomes only.
Contact 01262 672374 (11am to 9pm only)

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
i think the motorroamers got the permission so he said

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes it was all arranged officially by our meet organiser Zoe. The manhole WAS used to empty cassettes (tent peg puller used to lift it). The fresh water tap is on the outside of the Pub wall. The grey waste was tipped on adjacent tree stumps. We had a great time and met new friends too :thumb:

The Sunday roast is very good value £5.99 and the choice of beer is good.

I had a full 5 days of mixed weather so watched a lot of TV and browsed internet tethered to mobile. Still had FULL batteries on leaving. 200 watts rock

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As far as I know, Motorroamers is an exempted organisation so, as such, the 1960 Act allows them to organise rallies for their members irrespective of the site - perfectly legal.

The PMH/MCC Nightstop exemption which the pub holds allows up to 5 motorhomes at any one time (not just overnight) - perfectly legal.

Motorhome Stopovers is not an exempted organisation so cannot issue exemption certificates. Unless the sites they list rely on another exemption then they can only operate as unlicensed caravan sites. As such they can only allow one van to stop per night, the stop for a given van can be no more than 2 nights and the total number of overnight stops (by all vans which do so) can not exceed 28 in any 12 month period. Otherwise they are perfectly illegal ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As far as I know, Motorroamers is an exempted organisation so, as such, the 1960 Act allows them to organise rallies for their members irrespective of the site - perfectly legal.

The PMH/MCC Nightstop exemption which the pub holds allows up to 5 motorhomes at any one time (not just overnight) - perfectly legal.

Motorhome Stopovers is not an exempted organisation so cannot issue exemption certificates. Unless the sites they list rely on another exemption then they can only operate as unlicensed caravan sites. As such they can only allow one van to stop per night, the stop for a given van can be no more than 2 nights and the total number of overnight stops (by all vans which do so) can not exceed 28 in any 12 month period. Otherwise they are perfectly illegal ::bigsmile:

I concur ::bigsmile:

and yes, Motorroamers is an exempted organisation .. with paragraphs 4 + 6

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/campingandcaravan/caravanexemption.aspx download the list of exempted organisations

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

An interesting interpretation of the Act .. .. are they correct ..?

When does parking become camping ?

Motorhomestopover club
A Club with paid membership has negotiated permission for motorhomes to stay overnight at pubs. Members will be able to park up overnight at pubs which have joined the scheme and the first night will be free. There are over 500 sites, listings are available to members only.

When asked how the scheme would meet the requirements of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act, they told us: "With regards to the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act, [HI]we are not providing camping; we are providing parking with the consent of the owner."[/HI]

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
1960 Act - "the expression “caravan site” means land on which a caravan is stationed for the purposes of human habitation and land which is used in conjunction with land on which a caravan is so stationed."

As soon as the purpose moves from mere parking to "purposes of human habitation" the land becomes a caravan site.

Unlike much legislation the 1960 Act is clear and unambiguous. The excuse "we are not providing camping; we are providing parking with the consent of the owner" belongs only in the land of round objects :roflmto:

ship inn sewerby

Free Member
Sep 19, 2011
sewerby, bridlington east
Funster No
MH
motor home site
Exp
5 years
well, well..............what a lot of fuss about nothing!! As a business we aim to provide a place to stay with a motorhome (that is self sufficient) we have a licence to say we can do that and we advertise on certain websites and in handbooks.

WE NO LONGER ACCEPT MOTORHOMESTOPOVER CLUB MEMBERSHIP DUE TO THE MISUSE OF THE CLUBS CHARTER BY SOME OF IT'S MEMBERS.

The location of our site provides the best view of flamborough head and bridlington bay!!! that sells itself.

Why don't you do the decent thing and give me a call if you wish to clarify matters. 01262672374. easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

Cheers, Charlie:restmycase:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back