Highland mini meet - September (1 Viewer)

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
In case anyone is interested we are planning another mini meet in September - either w/e of 17th or 24th. If you want to join us, near Inverness, please let me know asap
Remember we offer free stopovers but also have our new CS up and running for people who want to have some facilities.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Just a reminder - if anyone is interested. Mini meet confirmed for 22nd -25th September. 5 or 6 (including us) vans already confirmed.
If you ae in the area in September or live within an evening's drive or so why not come to join us?
This is the fourth meet and all have been great fun ................ new people to meet, barbeques, walks, trip to Loch Ness/The Dores Inn etc.
for more information on the area visit Link Removed and let me know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
details

Highland mini meet 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – 25<SUP>th</SUP> September 2011 – you can come for any or all of it, and stay longer if you like.
Cost - FREE
There is plenty of space for more but definites/possibles: Please confirm.
Wunnell
Ardgour
Tonybvi
Mags52
Wild dancer
Steve Woodward
Magbrin – confirmed!

Timetable – to be confirmed
Thursday 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – arrival. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom on arrival & BYOB after 5.30pm
Friday 23<SUP>rd</SUP> – relax, walk, cycle, boat, or whatever. Service bus to Inverness or Whitebridge – Free with your bus pass!!!
Evening BBQ – bring enough food for yourselves, but share it if you like and try someone elses! Bring your own drink. Alternative arrangements in Schoolroom if weather is bad. Donations of charcoal appreciated. And bring your musical instruments.
Saturday 14<SUP>th</SUP> – Lunchtime or evening trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn – there will be transport for a limited number – but there will be a charge for this. Driver may be required, and details will be needed asap for insurance.
Sunday – end of meet – but you are welcome to stay another night if you like – and entertain us!!!!.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Further notes:
We pride ourselves in organising small friendly and very successful meets in beautiful & peaceful surroundings. You can join in as much or as little as you like.
It is the end of our season and there is a sale on.
For more information visit our website at: Link Removed
Hope to see you
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Do you know Margaret, I'd love to be there. We have family on the Black Isle so a visit would have been great. Sadly, or not perhaps, we are off to the meet in Suffolk and then the Lincoln Show. Hopefully next year? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Highland mini meet 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – 25<SUP>th</SUP> September 2011 – you can come for any or all of it, and stay longer if you like.
Cost - FREE
There is plenty of space for more but definites/possibles: Please confirm.
Wunnell
Ardgour
Tonybvi
Mags52
Wild dancer
Steve Woodward
Magbrin – confirmed!

Timetable – to be confirmed
Thursday 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – arrival. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom on arrival & BYOB after 5.30pm
Friday 23<SUP>rd</SUP> – relax, walk, cycle, boat, or whatever. Service bus to Inverness or Whitebridge – Free with your bus pass!!!
Evening BBQ – bring enough food for yourselves, but share it if you like and try someone elses! Bring your own drink. Alternative arrangements in Schoolroom if weather is bad. Donations of charcoal appreciated. And bring your musical instruments.
Saturday 14<SUP>th</SUP> – Lunchtime or evening trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn – there will be transport for a limited number – but there will be a charge for this. Driver may be required, and details will be needed asap for insurance.
Sunday – end of meet – but you are welcome to stay another night if you like – and entertain us!!!!.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Further notes:
We pride ourselves in organising small friendly and very successful meets in beautiful & peaceful surroundings. You can join in as much or as little as you like.
It is the end of our season and there is a sale on.
For more information visit our website at: Link Removed
Hope to see you
Margaret

We are in Inverness tomorrow and retrning home Saturday, we could make the 17th for the day, but think the 14th is an error and should read 24th.
Sadly we are tied up for the weekend of the 24/25th but would certainly come for a Saturday another time.

Norman

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just arrived in Bonny Scotland!! (Moffat)

Could you put me down as a definite maybe please as my travel plans are formulated from day to day ! I will be mostly wild camping on the West coast and this could be part of my homeward journey , thanks !! Stephen.:thumb:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Shieldaig is on my list !!!

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We are in Inverness tomorrow and retrning home Saturday, we could make the 17th for the day, but think the 14th is an error and should read 24th.
Sadly we are tied up for the weekend of the 24/25th but would certainly come for a Saturday another time.

Norman

Your're right! 24th it is. Typo:cry:
You are welcome to call in/stay overnight anytime ............... free stopovers, but if it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday night let us know first as we are often away midweek (our weekend)::bigsmile:
Have had Gatherings and mini meets for the last couple of years and will continue next year - so if we don't see you this month look forward to meeting you next year.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
this meet sounds wonderful, sadly we down the other end of the uk for that week and also going to lincoln finale, but wold love to come to one next year. hope you all have a fab time
Andrea
x

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Could you put me down as a definite maybe please as my travel plans are formulated from day to day ! I will be mostly wild camping on the West coast and this could be part of my homeward journey , thanks !! Stephen.:thumb:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Shieldaig is on my list !!!

Your down as probable - look forward to meeting you. Including yourself/selves 3 more vans added today!

If you are interested in wildcamping in Knapdale, near Taynuilt (on Loch Etive), Lochawe, Fuinary (Morvern), Glenelg/Sandaig, Lochs Garry, Quoich & Cluanie, (Don't try Kinlochourn - no overnight camping!) Applecross, Redpoint, Little L. Broom, can give some specific locations, but there are MASSES of possibilities all over the west coast!)

See you soon
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Do you know Margaret, I'd love to be there. We have family on the Black Isle so a visit would have been great. Sadly, or not perhaps, we are off to the meet in Suffolk and then the Lincoln Show. Hopefully next year? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

this meet sounds wonderful, sadly we down the other end of the uk for that week and also going to lincoln finale, but wold love to come to one next year. hope you all have a fab time
Andrea
x

Mmmmm
Dingray alerted me to this about the day after I confirmed the date:cry:
Next year I'll be more careful::bigsmile:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We'll definitely be there but arriving on the Friday (23rd).
Looking forward to it - thanks for the hospitality.:Smile:
Mags

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We'll definitely be there but arriving on the Friday (23rd).
Looking forward to it - thanks for the hospitality.:Smile:
Mags

You're booked from Friday. Look forward to meeting you both. Remember the guitar and flute - no competition this time from pipes (as far as I know!). BBQ / Ceilidh sceduled for Friday evening - eating in Safari room, provided by Ardgour, or if the weather is bad in our Schoolroom cafe.
See you soon
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
9 vans confirmed

Bump::bigsmile:

We have 9 confirmed vans and still one or two other possibilities. Not all staying all the time but all should be about for the BBQ on the Friday. Anyone else in the Inverness/Highland area 22nd - 25th Sept, who may be interested - feel free to come and join us.
All the best and safe travels - particularly if you are in West or Central Scotland today.
Margaret

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Margaret
I don't think we'll have our musical instruments with us this time but I'm sure we'll all have lots of fun anyway.
See you next week.
Mags

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
11 vans booked

Hi Margaret
I don't think we'll have our musical instruments with us this time but I'm sure we'll all have lots of fun anyway.
See you next week.
Mags
Not to worry - we'll just have to have a ceilidh without instruments:Doh:
We're up to 11 vans, now, only need another 3 and this will be our biggest meet to date:roflmto:
We are really looking forward to it - whatever the weather
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
too far...

Cant believe this is over 5 hours away and due to restrictions with school for hte little one cant make it a weekend, sounds exactly what i want as we looking for somei deas on plants for mums garden. May come up in the spring if you dont mind... Hope you meet goes well. sounds like it is going to be a fun weekend.

Donna

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Before you come .........................

It’s looking good - a good selection of people across 3 forums:ROFLMAO:
Confirmed & probable:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<TABLE style="MARGIN: auto auto auto -15.9pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=757><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Mags 52<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· ardgour<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· esmusso<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· salopian<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Robkeeble<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Allen<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Kev1<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Steve Woodward<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Wind dancer<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 9"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Georgert1<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt; mso-yfti-irow: 10; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 454.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=757 noWrap>· Magbrin<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Some queries/information before you come:<o:p></o:p>
1. Remember to bring food (and drink) for barbeque for Friday night. We would also appreciate donations of charcoal and/or gas or battery operated lights, and possibly another awning/shelter. Any offers?<o:p></o:p>
2. NOTE: If the weather is bad we have alternative inside space – so don’t be put off by the weather!<o:p></o:p>
3. We will be running a trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn early on Saturday evening. The food is excellent (ask anyone who has been at one of our meets/gatherings before). It would be helpful to know if you are interested. This is NOT a final commitment, but in order to arrange transport (approx cost £2.50 - £3.00 per person) and make a provisional booking it would be helpful. Also it is possible we may have to limit numbers – so get your name down NOW!<o:p></o:p>
It’s going to be a great weekend with some fantastic people, so if you haven’t signed up yet – we still have space<o:p></o:p>
See you there<o:p></o:p>
Margaret<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Love to be there as we are heading North next week but have to be in Stirling on 24th and then straight up to Inverness or Fort William after that.

Enjoy the weekend

Bill

P.S. May pop in on the way back!

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have a khyam utility tent that can be used as another shelter - will take 6 - 8 people.
Battery powered lantern too.
Not sure about going out on Saturday as we will have our two dogs with us. They are fine left in the MH for a few hours. How long would we be away for?
Looking forward to it
Mags

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Tommy_harry: Sorry it's too far, but I quite understand. You are welcome anytime - we're open in early April and we offer free overnight parking for forum members. We will also be holding a Highland Gathering in the early summer - not sure yet what date, maybe you can make that. When is the May school holiday?

WillH: We are open until 26th September, but should be about till the end of the month - although if the weather is good we may slope off in the van for a night or two mid week. Daughter and family moving home the following weekend - so will have to be about then:RollEyes:

Mags 52: Thanks for your offers. Please can you bring them?
We would anticipate being away for no more than about 3 hours. If we are in more than one vehicle (quite likely) you can be in the last to leave and first to return. Hope you decide to come, it should be a good evening.
See you next week
all the best and safe travels
Margaret

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The dogs can be left for 4 hours and will just sleep in the motorhome so yes please - put us down for the trip to the Dores Inn. I've just looked it up and it looks lovely.
Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend.
Mags

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Mags, you're down. thanks for PM. It should be a great evening. Until now we have not been able to join the trip to Dores as it has always been during the day - and we have been open, so serving customers, here. So we are really looking forward to it. We were there the other day with some American friends and it was very good.
See you nest week
Margaret

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Deffo !!!

Change my status from a definite maybe to DEFINITE ! Staying on The Dores Inn carpark tomorrow and attending the meet starting Thursday, after the meet a few days at Rosemarkie watching the dolphins ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Change my status from a definite maybe to DEFINITE ! Staying on The Dores Inn carpark tomorrow and attending the meet starting Thursday, after the meet a few days at Rosemarkie watching the dolphins ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
You're booked in, Stephen - look forward to seeing you.
Safe travels
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you all for coming - and thank you Peter for posting the photos. Link Removed
Hope you'll come again next year - will be posting shortly regarding dates
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back