My dad has my campervan.. eek (1 Viewer)

dc6947

Free Member
Aug 25, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
converted ducato
Exp
United Kingdom
I'm very afraid. Am i crazy lending out my "baby" to my family for their holiday?!

I feel like i've given away a child, i'm besides myself with worry and have asked for frequent phone updates.

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
I'm very afraid. Am i crazy lending out my "baby" to my family for their holiday?!

I feel like i've given away a child, i'm besides myself with worry and have asked for frequent phone updates.

I feel your pain. ::bigsmile:

I will at some time be letting my son borrow my MH. In 1989 he wrote off my Peugot 205 GRD. :cry: I eventually forgave him. Last week, I think it was. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

I agree totally with Jim on this would never lend anybody my motorhome.

OP
OP
D

dc6947

Free Member
Aug 25, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
converted ducato
Exp
United Kingdom
The worst thing is, he tries to convince me of how good and safe he is by telling me how he had years of experience driving vans when he worked for BT 30 years ago. Which actually make me feel even more afraid :cry: :Eeek:
But then again, he's very excited and it's nice to see him happy, but ... my poor baby, i almost cried when he drove it away. He wants to go all the way to Dover (we are in Worcestershire). My mom looks pale with fear at the thought and is nervous so hopefully she will yell at him enough to keep him driving carefully. :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Lent our eurovan to our son-in-law when we had it, never worried me, its insured so whats the problem? Can't lend the winnie as we are living in it. ::bigsmile:

Ian

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Now thats nutter teritory real full blown nutter teritory:Doh::Doh::helpsos::rain::restmycase::secret::blonde2:eek:pp5

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
My daughter is away, in North Wales, in ours this week with the boyfriend and the dog. I trust her completely but the driveway just needs to have my big white extravagance back, and no, that's not the name of the latest model. :Eeek::Eeek:

Ivy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I only lent the RV out once to a "friend". He wasnt insured so I drove it down to Wales for him,then found out the whole family followed on and dossed in it for 2 months. Cost me £1500 in having a new Oyster fitted and another £400 in a new battery bank after they left it with the Oyster up for weeks on end whilst not there. NEVER again.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
icon1.gif
My dad has my campervan.. eek

Hang on a minute ....

Just let's get this into perspective ..... it IS your DAD who's borrowed it, didn't you say?

NOW you know what HE felt like when you were being an arsey teenager borrowing HIS car and not coming home until the early hours :roflmto:

Think of how much he's done for you over the years - look at this as a little - just a little - payback and try to be a bit more gracious about it .... :RollEyes:

OP
OP
D

dc6947

Free Member
Aug 25, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
converted ducato
Exp
United Kingdom
I was a weird kid, i didn't stay out late apart from maybe two times in the whole of my teenage years. And i never borrowed his car, i had to work my arse off to buy my own heap of junk for 100.00 :ROFLMAO:

But point taken. :Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
fortunatey my dad has his own and he cant drive mine because its too heavy for his licence.

walter senior

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
forgue aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
a clas iveco 29ft
Exp
fortunatey my dad has his own and he cant drive mine because its too heavy for his licence.
Hi i told my son to take mine for a fortnight its taken me 2 years ti finish it with a lot of help from him he says its his inertance when i go so i said you better get driving now then i will rest in peacewhen i go.
walter.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::shout::shout::shout::shout:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I bought my two daughters (and htheir husband/partner) trailer tents, they thought I was generous, really I was being sneaky......

no one gets my motor home

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
You should have made this a poll and I would have voted --NO WAY!!!
They can borrow my park home though so its real weird why I would never let anyone borrow my M/home:cry:

I have just bought my son and DIL a tent so maybe I too have been crafty

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
I lent mine out she was gone all night and only came back with a £10 :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.