The end of demand for Caravans and motorhomes following Covid (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
My Storage Compound charges £60.00 per month which equates to £2.00 per day.
They invoice monthly and no discount for yearly payment. I have used them for 6 years now and the charges have only just overtake the rates charges by the previous Cassoa Gold site when we left 6 years ago. Hard Standing 25/7 Access and 25 /7 security gate, We are looking to move house to be able to keep the MH at home, no luck as yet.Can’t decide where to move to!!
£720.00 a year. That's the South East for you.

The site I've been referring to is in Cornwall and charges less than half of that.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I think there’s still a few years of retirees with the good pension lump sums left who may well think “sod it” let’s spend it whilst we can which which will help keep prices up. We were parked up next to an old couple near York this week who had picked up a brand new S&L Apollo the day before and couldn’t work out the cab remis blinds so I helped. S&L have 10 vans on order but don’t know when they will get them. We know IH are taking orders for 12-18 month build slots! There’s plenty of money about for luxury items.

The current worries about fuel, turkeys, gas, and christmas prices are going to affect a lot of people sadly but I expect it will effect the two week foreign holiday type of thing more than motorhome buying. It may even help sustain the motorhome industry. Just a thought, haven’t got my crystal ball out either.
That's why gypsies don't need contraception. The males have crystal balls and can see what's, ahem, arriving (y) :LOL:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We pay £240pa for secure 24/7 access that uses your registered mobile phone to prevent unauthorised persons entering [also onsite Security Guard]. But LV quoted a cheaper insurance premium for 'parked on street' ['You'll notice quicker if any damage or theft attempts']. We'll keep the storage slot, because we can store Tig there while we are away in Spain because Fife Council do tend to close the Street Parking at 7 days notice for Parades [regular] and road repairs [Blue Moon event], ticketing non compliant cars, even those with Parking Permits.

Steve

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Gosh this thread moved from price of motorhomes to cost of storage. I do not know how many people will decide to sell their motorhome, a friend of mine, who usually takes her holiday in hotels abroad bought a motorhome and hated it. Just not for them, I love mine but it is just posh camping in the end.

Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 196
As someone who is looking to join the MH club 🚐, I'm very interested in the price trends. At the moment prices for used vans are almost the same as new, but I've noticed quite a few reasonably priced used ones getting snapped up quickly.

(Looking for an Elddis 196 by the way 😛)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Gosh this thread moved from price of motorhomes to cost of storage. I do not know how many people will decide to sell their motorhome, a friend of mine, who usually takes her holiday in hotels abroad bought a motorhome and hated it. Just not for them, I love mine but it is just posh camping in the end.
Or, a choice of holiday accommodation that enables you to see places that 'posh hotels' are too remote from. Brunhilde is not 'posh', in fact some of the inevitable compromises that a small van entail, mean that the practicalities are anything but 'posh', but they are [mostly] comfortable, safe, secure and flexible and very relaxing.

We enjoy[ed] cruises, but regard them as purely a mans to an end, getting to locations that hotels make difficult/impossible to reach. But the 'pomp' leaves me [in particular] absolutely cold. I have no wish to have a photo with the 'Bus Driver', whilst garbed in a Dinner Jacket; but the chance to cruise around Cape Horn again, and freeze my bits off in the early morning light, photographing the raw, natural beauty, is one I would leap at!

Steve

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best just buy a property with loads of parking .
most families with two kids will at sometime require at least 4 car spaces never mind a works van etc .
just needs a bit of thinking before it happens. never mind a garage/shed for motor bikes etc .
oh and friends visiting .

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
most families with two kids will at sometime require at least 4 car spaces never mind a works van etc .
just needs a bit of thinking before it happens. never mind a garage/shed for motor bikes etc .
If you like it get an offer in and get it off the market places like that are not available often (you can always change your mind)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
it won't be long before it becomes a toilet thread 💩:LOL:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
My toilet used to move but it doesn’t any more, any clues?
Are you having problems with your movements I am sure someone who knows more than me will be along any moment 🤔

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Or, a choice of holiday accommodation that enables you to see places that 'posh hotels' are too remote from. Brunhilde is not 'posh', in fact some of the inevitable compromises that a small van entail, mean that the practicalities are anything but 'posh', but they are [mostly] comfortable, safe, secure and flexible and very relaxing.

We enjoy[ed] cruises, but regard them as purely a mans to an end, getting to locations that hotels make difficult/impossible to reach. But the 'pomp' leaves me [in particular] absolutely cold. I have no wish to have a photo with the 'Bus Driver', whilst garbed in a Dinner Jacket; but the chance to cruise around Cape Horn again, and freeze my bits off in the early morning light, photographing the raw, natural beauty, is one I would leap at!

Steve
I share your point of view, never been on a cruise but have sailed lots of the world including a couple of trans Atlantic's, sailing yachts are even tighter than motorhomes but use less diesel

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I share your point of view, never been on a cruise but have sailed lots of the world including a couple of trans Atlantic's, sailing yachts are even tighter than motorhomes but use less diesel
I have my Part 1 [In]Competent Crew from about 1989, which is why I don't sail, because if they gave me a 'Competent' Rating ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My mate's son sold this time last year but the one they were buying pulled out but they sold anyway. Son & wife + female twin daughter moved in with her mother & male twin & older brother moved in with my mate & his wife.That's how they all got covid. After that they had to go in to rented.
They needed 4 beds minimum & parking for 5 vehicles. They finally exchanged on one a few days ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back