Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We have just seen a preview of what your new MoT ticket will look like from next month
No longer will you see a proper printed version
all futre paperwork will be printed black on plain white paper A4 landscape style
it will contain a VOSA Logo and dept for transport footer
Most impotantly the certificate/recipt will also contain and show all MoT advisories on the same sheet:Eeek:

No more hiding those borderline items from any prospective purchaser:thumb:
Geo

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Hopefully someone will have remembered to put "Page x of y" on every page.
Makes it more important to cross-check the online version though, given it will now be on the plain paper of the garage. How is that part of the system going to work in future?
I had a conversation some years back about ID when someone said they required an original statement or letter off a bank/building society/utility company. I replied I have a colour laser and Photoshop, what would they like? They didn't really have an answer to that.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
What about the sticky DVLA label that goes in the windscreen with details?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hopefully someone will have remembered to put "Page x of y" on every page.
Makes it more important to cross-check the online version though, given it will now be on the plain paper of the garage. How is that part of the system going to work in future?
I had a conversation some years back about ID when someone said they required an original statement or letter off a bank/building society/utility company. I replied I have a colour laser and Photoshop, what would they like? They didn't really have an answer to that.
Security is no longer an issue as it is so easy to check validity on line,(no mention of those without a PC)
It would seem you buy a vehicle without checking validity at your own peril
at present every other document of more than one page says continued on page/s 12345
I see no reason for that not to continue

Peter
No longer reqd Peter as you can now use automated reminder system via text from VOSA at a price of course. Available NOW if you want to use it, £1.50 for 3 reminders 1 month 1 week and a day or two before expiry details will be on your new and present MoT Certs
Geo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Peter

No longer reqd Peter as you can now use automated reminder system via text from VOSA at a price of course. Available NOW if you want to use it, £1.50 for 3 reminders 1 month 1 week and a day or two before expiry details will be on your new and present MoT Certs
Geo

We never used the sticky labels. I just have an annual reminder set up in the calendar on my phone. Costs nowt :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Geo

I always stuck it on windscreen just like a tax disc to 'show' it was MOT'd. DVLA can stick their charges as my garage sends me a reminder for my personal cars and I try and make sure its when tax is due.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Highwayman

Free Member
Sep 13, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
More years than I care to remember!
I always stuck it on windscreen just like a tax disc to 'show' it was MOT'd. DVLA can stick their charges as my garage sends me a reminder for my personal cars and I try and make sure its when tax is due.

Peter

Nothing to do with DVLA - MOT system is the responsibility of VOSA.:thumb:

Personally I get 'Er Indoors to put it in her diary and then she nags me until I call the garage!:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back