Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have loads of .PDF files on my computer and can read them ok, however lately whenever I try to download a pdf file I just get a blank screen. any ideas anyone?
windows XP , IE7

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i too have this problem from time to time Roger.

i found by changing the size of the page on the PDF reader tool bar i get the download to show.

mine appears to open the page at 72% then i change it to 100% and it becomes visible.

Win 7 IE7

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cheers John but does not get as far as displaying the reader, does not appear to download the file, does not ask if I want to display or save it even

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
possibly a glitch in adobe reader operating files.....can you repair it from Add/remove programs or download the adobe program again.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
possibly a glitch in adobe reader operating files.....can you repair it from Add/remove programs or download the adobe program again.

I gave up on Adobe some time ago & now use Foxit reader one of the additions from Firefox suit of programmes. You don't have to use Firefox to get it, I use it with Chrome but have used it with IE previously.

Adobe takes up loads of memory & is always trying to update their programme, not good unless you are on fast broadband.

It can be set up as your default PDF reader and you don't see a great difference apart from the additional speed, and it's free. :thumb:

Download it here

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
It sounds like you don't have the PDF addin for IE7.

The simple thing is to download the files (right click, Save as ...) and save them to your computer, and read them with standalone Adobe reader.

Have a read of this:

Broken Link Removed

Gerald

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I suspect a recent "upgrade" removed them then failed to install new ones as it is not the latest
browser

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I too have had the occasional problem with Adobe, I always keep Fox Reader (which is a Linux derivative) on hand to See when there are problems. and as Keith says problems occur when fire fox updates come along, after the last update and now have firefox updates set to download but not install, just in case.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back