W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well as stated our 2010 has the clutch judder and is going in to our local Fiat dealer in a couple of weeks for the fix which i am told includes the following that is being done to fix it..

1: Engine mounts
2: Lower Engine brace
3: Reverse Gear mod
4: New Clutch
5: Engine damper attach to somewhere

I have been in today and seen the kit they are going to fit :Eeek:..

2-3 days it is going to be in they have been told i need it back for late Thursday that week as we are away the Friday.

So even if you have a new Fiat 2.3 it can still have the fault..

Craig

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Luckily ours has no sign of a judder where as our last O9 sundance did have a bad one:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well as stated our 2010 has the clutch judder and is going in to our local Fiat dealer in a couple of weeks for the fix which i am told includes the following that is being done to fix it..

2-3 days it is going to be in they have been told i need it back for late Thursday that week as we are away the Friday.

Craig
The mind boggles, if they have a fix available why not fix it during manufacture. They are probably relying on only 20% of buyers complaining about the judder the rest will live with it and pretend it is not there. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

Craig
you better hope they dont put a diagnostics on it and find the 175bhp as you will be paying:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The mind boggles, if they have a fix available why not fix it during manufacture. They are probably relying on only 20% of buyers complaining about the judder the rest will live with it and pretend it is not there. :Eeek:
it may be registered in 2010 but it doesnt mean it was built in 2010.....could have been stood in a compound somewhere for a year or two before being shipped out to a dealer :Sad:
if i recall correctly its only around a year since they figured out the fix

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Big day tormorrow it goes in for the recall and work, It better be done for Friday we are away with MHF at Newark, more worrying i better take the JD out of cupboard incase Fiat decide to drink it :Eeek:...

I can't moan the dealer near us has been outstanding so far with there work always reply to calls and have been prompt with answers, Also they are having to run me back to get car from storage and then on day of pick up collect me from the place of storage i know it dont seem alot to ask but it is a 28 mile round trip :)... This is where i think towing the panda would be a help lol...

Anyway i will keep you all up dated.

Craig

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
**update**

We got our baby back from fiat today fantastic turn around and everything completed, And the report is 100% better seems like a new MH to drive,

So on that note Newark here we come on time :Smile:

Craig

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
well done mate, did they "mention" the upgrade? or did they not twig

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
it may be registered in 2010 but it doesnt mean it was built in 2010.....could have been stood in a compound somewhere for a year or two before being shipped out to a dealer

And who knows how long after Fiat built it that it was shipped to the converters (Rollerteam)?

Our new van was (apparently) built in 2010, although the 2010 brochure doesn't list the model :whatthe: Anyhow, we've checked with the Fiat website, and there's only a quick check of the gearbox bolts outstanding - no gearbox judder upgrades. It does drive very smoothly, and reversing back up my drive (which is probably a 1 in 5) was undramatic.

Gerald

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
you better hope they dont put a diagnostics on it and find the 175bhp as you will be paying:Eeek:

They know about the remap as i told them not to plug the ecu up and mess it up :Smile: They were not bothered it has 3k on the clock and as there is a known fault with them there was no arguments just sorted so well happy, Anyway the Remap is undetectable so they wouldnt know only me if i got back in to it and found it slower then its just a case of contacting WOW and getting it redone for FREE! because thats what they do :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back