Crossing border from Spain to Portugal (1 Viewer)

IlDucato

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
FiatDucato
Exp
3 years
Hi all

I'm doing Plymouth - Santander and then heading to the Algarve in a couple of weeks. Any tips on the most efficient way of crossing the border into Portugal, please? I'm double vaxxed and have read sallylillian 's fab account of the Brittany Ferries experience so I get that bit,

Cheers

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi all

I'm doing Plymouth - Santander and then heading to the Algarve in a couple of weeks. Any tips on the most efficient way of crossing the border into Portugal, please? I'm double vaxxed and have read sallylillian 's fab account of the Brittany Ferries experience so I get that bit,

Cheers
No checks on road crossing into Portugal from Spain, however I did not need to deal with the toll registration as I have a Telepass Sat box and just drive straight through, so they may ask for vax and neg test when you hit the toll Registration.

OP
OP
IlDucato

IlDucato

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
FiatDucato
Exp
3 years
Thanks for that. Funnily enough I was just trying to work out if it was worth getting a telepass. We'll be heading back through France in December. Seems like we'd need to get two tags?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My Telepass Sat box provides cover for most EU toll roads seamlessly as I wander around. Even picked up my Messina ferry charge from Sicily last year. Unfortunately you have to register it through a VAT registered company which precludes those without such an entity. However ADAC are launching a consumer based package later this year Google to get more detail.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back