Introducing Yoshi (1 Viewer)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
This is Yoshi, our 9 week old German Shepherd x Standard Poodle, or Shepadoodle as they are known in the US
😍
we picked him up on Friday. He is very clever and is already toilet trained! He is everything we had wanted and more, perfect for our family. I can’t wait to take him away in the van when he is a bit older :giggle:
CA29F600-8E2C-4B77-9AA6-3A972953BAF7.jpeg
BD2C531E-CD4E-449B-87CA-A4549D3543F3.jpeg

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Thanks everyone (y)His mum is big standard poodle and his dad is more of a stocky gsd. I think he will be somewhere around gsd size. We are used to big dogs so that’s ok! There’s space in the van for him too :LOL:

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Would I be correct in thinking it’s a mongrel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
It’s a cross of 2 breeds yes, been around for years in the US but not so much here.

Yoshi enjoyed his first night away in the van on Saturday. He laid down and slept for the journey, and then when we got there we went to the pub. We took it in turns to take him outside because he was excited to meet everyone and couldn’t settle very well! He settled enough for us to eat, and we took him on a pub crawl of the 3 pubs in the village before we went back to the van. He had a lot of firsts over the 24 hours! First pub, first time outside on pavements, first time on a walk, we had a little walk to a waterfall yesterday morning and he had his first swim. He saw sheep and horses for the first time, and met all sorts of dogs. He slept through Sunday lunch, once he had finished his chicken foot! We were very pleased with how he coped with everything, as he’s only 12 weeks old.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
He’s a beauty. 😍 Gorgeous.

I don’t know if your aware though, and pardon me for “teaching you to suck eggs” if you are. Something we were unaware of when we got our puppy Brynn. I’ve since made a point of telling folk. 😁
How far to walk a puppy. (Even big ones)
A good rule of thumb is a ratio of five minutes exercise per month of age (up to twice a day) until the puppy is fully grown e.g. 15 minutes (up to twice a day) when 3 months old, 20 minutes when 4 months old and so on. Once they are fully grown, they can go out for much longer.
It it suposed to help save hips and knees in later years.
Lots on the internet about it.

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp

I don’t know if your aware though, and pardon me for “teaching you to suck eggs” if you are. Something we were unaware of when we got our puppy Brynn. I’ve since made a point of telling folk. 😁
A good rule of thumb is a ratio of five minutes exercise per month of age (up to twice a day) until the puppy is fully grown e.g. 15 minutes (up to twice a day) when 3 months old, 20 minutes when 4 months old and so on. Once they are fully grown, they can go out for much longer.
Yes we are aware but thanks for pointing it out (y) It’s especially important with big dogs I think. Luckily he’s very laid back and likes playing with toys with us so we can channel his brain into other things than exercise

Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
What a beauty. I love first cross large breeds. We have Roxy, an american bulldog x dalmation, just cannot get a snazzy 'breed' name for this type of cross :LOL::LOL::LOL: A 'bulmation' just doesnt sound as good as something that ends in 'oodle'. open to suggestions tho

Attachments

• 20210710_121539.jpg
    20210710_121539.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
What a beauty. I love first cross large breeds. We have Roxy, an american bulldog x dalmation, just cannot get a snazzy 'breed' name for this type of cross :LOL::LOL::LOL: A 'bulmation' just doesnt sound as good as something that ends in 'oodle'. open to suggestions tho
Roxy is a lovely dog :love: I can’t think of any that sound good. Bulldal? my neighbour has a dalmation x Akita. if people ask what Yoshi is I usually just say German shepherd x poodle, but then people ask what the name is for that:LOL: if I say Shepadoodle they want to know what that is!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I wish you'd tell our Minky, she's a nutter so it makes no difference if we take her out for exercise or not as she is like a whirlwind most of the time! :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Amerbudal?
Dalmambull?
Ambudal?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Minky is a Jack Russell x Chihuahua cross, these are commonly referred to as Jackhuahuas or Jack Chis however I call her a Chisel which is quite appropriate with her sharp puppy teeth! 😁

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Roxy is a lovely dog :love: I can’t think of any that sound good. Bulldal? my neighbour has a dalmation x Akita. if people ask what Yoshi is I usually just say German shepherd x poodle, but then people ask what the name is for that:LOL: if I say Shepadoodle they want to know what that is!
We get "is he a cocker poo?", "no, he's a schnoodle" "what's that then?" Harry looks like a poodle except he's too long in the leg and he has the blunter nose of a Schnauzer, although nearly 7 he has the arms and legs of a teenager complete with sharp elbows!

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
We get "is he a cocker poo?", "no, he's a schnoodle" "what's that then?" Harry looks like a poodle except he's too long in the leg and he has the blunter nose of a Schnauzer, although nearly 7 he has the arms and legs of a teenager complete with sharp elbows!
:LOL: No one has guessed Yoshi’s mix correctly yet. Someone thought he was an old dog in the pub because of the silver hairs on his nose :LOL: I don’t think I’ve seen a schnoodle yet, I don’t think there are too many about?

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
:LOL: No one has guessed Yoshi’s mix correctly yet. Someone thought he was an old dog in the pub because of the silver hairs on his nose :LOL: I don’t think I’ve seen a schnoodle yet, I don’t think there are too many about?

It would be interesting to see if Yoshi changes colour as he grows, we had a Welsh Terrier who was black as a puppy but became brown as he grew into an adult. Harry has the white chin and splodge of white on the chest plus white hairs on the pads of two feet. He was one of a litter of 9, one was going to Bermuda so there are another 7 somewhere. He's the nicest dog we've had, very sweet and loving, doesn't bark as much as our terrier but does have a special bark with a little howl at the end 😀

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
It would be interesting to see if Yoshi changes colour as he grows, we had a Welsh Terrier who was black as a puppy but became brown as he grew into an adult. Harry has the white chin and splodge of white on the chest plus white hairs on the pads of two feet. He was one of a litter of 9, one was going to Bermuda so there are another 7 somewhere. He's the nicest dog we've had, very sweet and loving, doesn't bark as much as our terrier but does have a special bark with a little howl at the end 😀
Yes, it will be interesting to see how his colour goes. His mum is a ‘blue’ colour poodle, his dad is a red sable german shepherd so we will wait and see :LOL:
Harry is lovely, does he have the stubborn streak of a poodle? His bark sounds cute!

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Yes, it will be interesting to see how his colour goes. His mum is a ‘blue’ colour poodle, his dad is a red sable german shepherd so we will wait and see :LOL:
Harry is lovely, does he have the stubborn streak of a poodle? His bark sounds cute!
Nothing stubborn about Harry, and in fact my parents had always owned poodles and I don't remember any of them having a stubborn streak. Our first dog was a black standard schnauzer and so we felt that we knew both breeds which was one of the reasons for getting a schnoodle, and also because we didn't want a "poo". His worst trait is that he needs to be with me wherever I am, there's no privacy with Harry and he doesn't know the meaning of personal space, although he doesn't mind being shut into the kitchen at night with Poppy (Border Terrier).

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I wouldn’t say ‘mongrel’ as I think that would be more likely to be several different breeds as in mum-cross breed and dad also, hence several different breeds.
I‘be always thought cross breeds or mongrels are generally much tougher dogs and seem to have better temperaments!
Pip says ‘Hi’ !

Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
The word mongrel means a dog of no definable type of breed and I think is affectionatly known as a Heinz57. I.e. so many crosses its difficult to tell what breeds may be in there. Despite what the label may say though, they are all beautiful (even those who do not look appealing to some) and capable of giving so much love and affection.

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Nothing stubborn about Harry, and in fact my parents had always owned poodles and I don't remember any of them having a stubborn streak. Our first dog was a black standard schnauzer and so we felt that we knew both breeds which was one of the reasons for getting a schnoodle, and also because we didn't want a "poo". His worst trait is that he needs to be with me wherever I am, there's no privacy with Harry and he doesn't know the meaning of personal space, although he doesn't mind being shut into the kitchen at night with Poppy (Border Terrier).
I’ve not had poodles before but I know they are renowned for being clever, a few said their poodles were stubborn at times. We’ve had German shepherds for years and they are also clever but laid back. I’d read that shepadoodles can suffer from separation anxiety but Yoshi likes his own space, when he’s asleep he like to go off to bed 😂 Harry and Poppy sound like a great pair 😍

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I wouldn’t say ‘mongrel’ as I think that would be more likely to be several different breeds as in mum-cross breed and dad also, hence several different breeds.
I‘be always thought cross breeds or mongrels are generally much tougher dogs and seem to have better temperaments!
Pip says ‘Hi’ !
This would be my understanding of the word ‘mongrel’ too. I think cross breeds/mongrels do tend to be tougher but I’m not sure on temperaments, depends on the cross of breeds I suppose. Yoshi thinks Pip would be a great playmate!

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
The word mongrel means a dog of no definable type of breed and I think is affectionatly known as a Heinz57. I.e. so many crosses its difficult to tell what breeds may be in there. Despite what the label may say though, they are all beautiful (even those who do not look appealing to some) and capable of giving so much love and affection.
I agree with all of this. The love a dog can give is amazing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back