LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Is it possible to have a freesat 12v 17" TV, so that I can get rid of my sat decoder..

I have come into some dosh, I found Mrs ShiftZZ' secret stash of groats.... Or was that Goats... Ah well...

Last edited:

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have one of these, not ex-display cost £170

12v Power but you will need to buy a 12v in car adapter because it doesn't come with one, the sound from the TV is poor, ok when your still but if your driving it distorts, I have it running through a setup that involves a normal car stereo and four speakers,dead easy to wire in, I now how free-view with amazing sound, if your slightly interested I will post photo's of how I did it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have one of these, not ex-display cost £170

Tony it's not a FREESAT TV.. only freeview, ie Aerial..
The OP is after a small TV with built in freesat (satellite receiver) AND 12V....
There are TV's out there but tend to be larger sets like 32" plus..
I'm not aware that one exists as the demand/volume will be to small for manufacturers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
why dont you go down the 240volt route through a inverter or would it draw too much current? the benift would be you could get humax recorder and not be a slave to tv timetables I.E. go to pub watch wathever later :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Is it possible to have a freesat 12v 17" TV, so that I can get rid of my sat decoder..

I have come into some dosh, I found Mrs ShiftZZ' secret stash of groats.... Or was that Goats... Ah well...

spend her groats and you'll have no oats !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin in haste repent at leisure - you have been warned rofl xxxxxxxxxxx

Have a great bank holiday monday xxxxxxxxxxxxx

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
not freesat but similar.

Link Removed

not badly priced really

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
sorry misread the op.

they used to do a scart version of the receiver that was about the size of a cig packet for about the same money.
that way you just don't see it as its behind the tv.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Gray888

Free Member
Oct 6, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
12v 18.5" tv with built in satellite

Hi everyone, I have been reading your discusion on 12v tv with dvb-s(satellite receiver) and thought i should let you know that i have some insider knowledge from a friend who works in the tv industry that a company called Leisurepower have just taken delivery of a set called the Versat which they have designed and had manufactured.
It`s an LED 18.5" 12v tv with built in DVB-T AND DVB-S, DVD, USB etc,etc.
Just thought i would let you know.:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi everyone, I have been reading your discusion on 12v tv with dvb-s(satellite receiver) and thought i should let you know that i have some insider knowledge from a friend who works in the tv industry that a company called Leisurepower have just taken delivery of a set called the Versat which they have designed and had manufactured.
It`s an LED 18.5" 12v tv with built in DVB-T AND DVB-S, DVD, USB etc,etc.
Just thought i would let you know.:winky:
nothing on their web site yet any further info please.

Gray888

Free Member
Oct 6, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Satellite tv

Hi Wildman, I have just been in touch with Leisurepower who have told me the sets have arrived and they are in the process of uploading pictures and spec to the website, should be on by sunday. The best thing to do is give them a call, i spoke to the sales manager nick who is very clued up on the set. I have ordered two already which are being sent on monday. I wouldnt waste any time though 102 have sold already.:Eeek:

Gray888

Free Member
Oct 6, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
cost of Leisurepower versat tv

Hi Andyman,
The sets are £399 which includes a three year pick up and return warranty, it`s usually two years but as an
introductory offer they are giving three years. The offer expires on 20/12/11.
Cheers.

Leisurepower LTD

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E425
Exp
Since 1992
Hi Andyman,
The sets are £399 which includes a three year pick up and return warranty, it`s usually two years but as an
introductory offer they are giving three years. The offer expires on 20/12/11.
Cheers.

Hi all.

Your discussion came up when searching for our TV name and domain.

Gray 888 is well informed!

Our VERSAT sets have arrived, and are indeed priced at £399.00 with 3 year warranty til 20th DEC.

If there were any other to compare it to, I would give you the option, but currently, this product is unique in the UK.

All specs, images and prices are to be found on our website now.

I am available to answer any of your questions on this matter.

We are prepared to offer free advice to any and all on this forum, and NOT hawk our products (as per the rules) but this thread has only one answer.

Best regards.

Nick.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Unless someone can say otherwise.. THIS IS NOT FREESAT...
The webpage states "free to air".... ie no FREESAT menu..

So will not give a dedicated UK FREESAT program listing.

However a fine looking product.. :)

Leisurepower LTD

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E425
Exp
Since 1992
Unless someone can say otherwise.. THIS IS NOT FREESAT...
The webpage states "free to air".... ie no FREESAT menu..

So will not give a dedicated UK FREESAT program listing.

However a fine looking product.. :)

You are quite correct, this product is DVB-S or Free to Air satellite.

The main difference as you say, is that FREESAT has a much better EPG, but the license to use FREESAT in product, as we discovered when embarking on this project, is astronomical (So don't hold your breath) lol

Free to air satellite does have it's advantages however, for example, FREESAT is reliant on the Astra 2d Satellite for it's reception.

Free to air Satellite will also receive Astra 1 and Hotbird, so when in Europe and out of range of Astra 2d, You can still receive Euronews in English, BBC world, SKY news, and a wide selection of Foreign channels who occasionally have English programs on (British TV is the best in the world, and we export it everywhere)

FTA Satellite will give you access to appx 6000 channels of TV and radio.

Personally, I thought 5 channels was too much choice ::bigsmile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Very well put and factual reply.... :thumb:

All wasted on me after 20+ years in the trade but will be helpfull to others.
Been there, seen it all and had all the T shirts "Literally"..::bigsmile:

Good luck with the sales.

Steve Tonks..

Leisurepower LTD

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E425
Exp
Since 1992
Very well put and factual reply.... :thumb:

All wasted on me after 20+ years in the trade but will be helpfull to others.
Been there, seen it all and had all the T shirts "Literally"..::bigsmile:

Good luck with the sales.

Steve Tonks..

Thanks Steve ::bigsmile:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life

TV village now do a 19 inch tv with free to air sat decoder built in. Just come out if ya still looking buddy.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

we run a free view LCD TV + dvd from Asda cost £110.oo in our RV it is 240V we have 2x 600w inverters to run tv and 2x laptops hair dryer and small hand tools

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
anybody care to comment on this tv with built in sat receiver for free to air satellite as well as free view tuner 12volt led

Link Removed

just about to phone them for a few answers

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have just ordered one of these as they are made by the same company as the tv we have now ,cello, everything is the same apart from the added satellite tuner so the veiwing angles and quality of picture will be same which we are well happy with , it also means one less box and cables

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
the tv arrived this afternoon ,took about 3/4of an hour to tune in the sat stations and the freeview channels for our area,

the quality of the picture is fantastic and the viewing angles are great , looks a well built telly with a sturdy stand and arrived with a 4gig usb drive to record to , it looks to have a 7 day epg on both sat and freeview but not played to long with it so could be wrong,

the sat part has all the other satellites set up in its memory and a cam slot on the back that my take a sky card ( thats just a guess)

it does not need a stabilized supply as it works on voltages from 12volt to 25 volt
i am happy with the purchase and even more happy with the price

yorksbill

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
harrogate
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
since 2006
Cello FTA TV

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am interested in Freelanderuk's experience with his TV from TV villlage. Is there a way of keeping the LNB power on from the TV whilst getting the satellite dish positioned. I have found that the LNB power switches off after 15 secs if no signal is found, which then switches off the power to my sat finder linked to the dish. So I have 15 secs to point the dish in the right direction, of restart the process from the TV. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The Tech guys at Cello tell me that this is the way the system in the TV is set up and can't be changed.

Thanks for any advice

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
150w inverter from maplins £35.00. bush tele from argos freeview and dvd £120.00

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There is of course another option for small TVs with built in HD satellite receiver, the new Avtex range which includes 16", 18.5" and 21.5". All three have built in HD satellite receivers which are FTA type so no EPG to speak of but they will receive from any satellite in the sky and DVD players and at £399.99 for the 18.5" are comparable to the Versat but higher spec. 18.5" draws just 1.8 A in sat mode.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back